Puch Magnum X E50 E 50 Engine

Will a 70cc speed kit fit on the puch magnum x e50 engine?

Re: Puch Magnum X E50 E 50 Engine

dude its a regular e50 just with a kickstart. case is the same.

So i can get the 70 and 80cc kits? Nice

yep

80cc kits and 75cc kits will not fit right out of the box. you have to dremel the case. but both will work.

Yes i know i have to dremel to make it fit, but i did not know they were the same engine. I found that motor and am going to replace it with my regular e50 engine.

that motor is on LOCKDOWN lol

LOCKDOWN??? what do you mean??

Does anybody know if the kickstart sidecover with the gears and all can be modded to a stock E50?

Thank you

possibly if you have all the parts. kickstart e50 has no starter clutch so I would think the clutch is also different. where the hell would you find all the parts anyways?

Another PUCH kickstart motor that was imported to U.S.

The KORADO ;))

Kickstart For a Tomos, The Tomos 50 dirtbike same bolt pattern.

Im going to swap motors so i can use this one. I rather have a kick start than peddle.

fuck i want a kickstart but so i can ditch the pedals.

I have just all the gears in the kickstart cover.

Nothing else.

I suppose there is something else like a one-way bearing on a flywheel or something to turn the motor.

you would need to have Gear pin holes drilled(matched) into the stock e-50 block case and remove the stock outside clutch plate Then install MagnumX gear tooth clutch plate to match up to the Kicker side of what you have.

Could I weld a sprocket onto the stock E50 clutch starter plate?

I would think I can.

Thanks,

MK

The 80cc (75 really) drop right into the X50 engine.

If you just have the kick assembly you are shit out of luck unless you have a friend who is a machinist and you can get your hands on a kick start clutch assembly.

There are 2 holes in the case that match up to the tranny cover/kick start assembly. These locate everything preciesely and take the strain off the bolts.

The clutch on the kick start is special as well. There is no friction material on the outside face (where the preassure plate would connect. Instead the surface is just a metal plate. There is a gear that slots into this plate and is held captive by a bolt on the end of the crank shaft. This gear meshes with the gear on the kick start assembly. Both are precisely machined and hardened to minimize wear.

Not saying it can't be done but just that I would take a lot of work to adapt the side cover to a stock e50 case. Without the benefit of the case accepting the 75cc kits that the X50 case dose.

I'll upload some pictures of my case tonight or tomorrow

really? an 80cc kit will slide right on?

paz, did you have some extra mb5 fork tubes or am i thinking of someone else?

-Zane

Some pictures would really help with my modification.

Thank you

Yea Zane that was me. Sorry I did not get back to you on that email you sent me. I need to update my MA remailer to something more current.

I have had so much other stuff going on recently I have not had a chance to work on my disc break setup.

i finaly have my mb5 front end on. but the fork tubes are too bent to ride a kit with. WCM rebuilt the kickstart you kept trying to pry away from me for less than I would have spent on parts. 2 more e50 kickstarts coming in the mail...

Here are the pictures of the x50...

The case with the 2 locator holes

The kick start assembly note the corisponding locator pins

The clutch assembly in parts

All the parts put together, along with the kist start gear

I got a Polini on my Magnum and it rocks :P

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account