Puch Newport PERFORMANCE PARTS

hi i have a 1977 puch newport. its sweet and it runs top speed around 30mph. i would like to get it up to 40-55 mph. any speed in that range. i was wondering what kind of parts i could get like pipes or something or anything i can do to the bike that will allow it to go faster. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? thanks. highly appreciated

dan

Re: Puch Newport PERFORMANCE PARTS

Nor Cal Mopeds /

yeah that is a common goal, a really good all around set up that is gonna be reliable and pretty quick is: 1. polini 64cc kit with reed valves, that is more your high reving race kit with only one ring, the other option is the 65cc metra kit, this is about 5mph slower, but it is gonna last longer due to its lower revving, twin ring design. 2. a bigger carb is a must, i think the bing 15mm is a great carb, its not the highest performance carb, but its solid and bulletproof. 3. pipes, there are tons of options, if you want low end and want to spend money, go with the techno estoril from 50cc.nl, if you want a cheap higher end pipe the biturbo( has a nice low sound too), if you want a good high end the homoet 4p is your best bet, its loud and screams, a good all around pipe with again An emphasis on high end is gonna be the bullet, its a good price too. gearing wise, if you wanna chew up hills a 14-45 is a good combo, if you wanna have a decent, all around gearing, a 16/18-40, if you want rip on the flats and have high topend speed then something like a 22-36 will rip. if you do all of that there will be no problem attaining that goal, you should really get a racing crank as well with the higher RPMs. and break it in good, there are tons of theories on it, just search around. good luck with it, the difference is amazing, you will never be able to ride a stocker again if you do that! have fun

wow man thanks a lot im gonna look at most of these parts online cause i feel thats the best way to go, is it not? .. also one last question after doing all thise work to it would it take away the gas mileage?.

basically im gonna put on the quieter pipe, and the crank to "chew up hills" becuase i need to go up a 2 mile long 50 degree Mountain. so i hope this wont affect the gas mileage, if so then oh well. thanks a bunch tho if you have any other suggestions they are highly appriciated

get a Polini and a biturbo with a 15mm carb and speed or power wont be an issue.. youll be flying low :P

Nor Cal Mopeds /

yeah your gonna be lookin at about 40 miles per gallon, polinis will take as much gas as you can throw at them, but its worth it you will be grinning from ear to ear i assure you. and online is a great place to start, look in the resources tab up top, ben @ <www.westcoastmopeds.com> is a great place to start.

roots to wings /

save

45-50, 65cc Airsal (inexpensive and reliable), 14 or 15mm Bing, Circuit, 14 or 15-40 gearing (with a 15 you can get there with a stock crank.

Replying "save" doesn't actually save anything man. All you did was bump a 14 year old thread.

roots to wings /

saves it for me bud

Dirty30 Dillon /

Why do you want to reference 14 year old information.

Performance parts and availability have come a LONG way since '06

It means he actually used the "search" function. I myself have bumped old threads in this way

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account