QT50 50 mph(non-political)

Kyle Guerrette /

~FIRSTLY~ NONE OF THAT POLITICAL BULL$#!T, I live in America and hate it (not open for discussion) but live near the border to Canadia (no typo), so close in fact I can spit on someguys backyard from mine, trust me i dont like canada either (no offense to the actual people living in either countries, just not _the governments_ kinda guy)...

~SECONDLY~ THIS SITE IS FOR SEREOUS MOPED OWNERS if you think that mopeds are stupid and souping them up is retarded, then go back to your game of solitaire and leave us alone. >:(

O.K. now that I got that squared away...I know how to make these things go fast with the swapping of some parts you can find on other yamaha equipment bought cheap off your neighbor or salvage yard, simply because the QT and the Tri-Zinger (the old kiddie three wheeler-i'll explain as you read) are obsolete with the exception being you can purchase _NEW_ parts for these bikes though most yamaha retailers. Anyway, if you can get your hands on an old tri-zinger that _runs_ just swap the motors and remember to keep the trizinger carb with the motor cause its obviously made for it. this gives you 60cc and a tougher clutch inside the transmission, you will need to cut off those horseshoe-like things for the head to fit. Another item to put on your grocery list is an old PW50 (the kiddie dirt bike). it has a rearend with a faster gear ratio(53:11 compared to 57:10 on the QT) but this envolves the removing of the shaft off the ring gear(the bigger gear that attaches to the shaft then the wheel, remove the cover on the rearend to see what i'm talking about) to do this the shaft must be removed from both bikes and pressed out of the ring gear with a press...get this done PROFESIONALLY at a machine shop nearest you, its fast so itl be cheap. Just tell him/her that you need to switch the shafts on the gears and tell them that they just simply press out of the gear no heating required. itl be even faster for the worker if you clean the grease off the gear and shaft...do this by cleaners...or gas (depending on the level of redneck skills or suppies you have) I'm a redneck with the capability to use a parts washer at an auto shop, but others may not be so lucky. After that is done (remember which gear is which, if you forgot just count the teeth on the gear, don't forget to mark where you counted. The PW has 53 teeth) DO NOT MIX THE GEARS FORM THE QT AND THE PW! doing so will cause the rearends to destroy themselves or they just won't go back together properly. Then replace the PW50 gear back into the PW rearend and attach the PW50 rearend to your QT. If you don't like the color of the rearend, just paint it grey (or whatever color you have your bike)and your done. furthermore, the CDI box from the Tri-Zinger is UNLIMITED so you can top out at the motors capabilities, this box is black, and has a small three wire harness with a seperate orange wire coming out near the harness, just fit this one inplace of the one behind the seat on the QT and your done! ~enjoy~ :D

Re: QT50 50 mph(non-political)

hmmm... do you have a pic of that moped all done up? i'd like to see that.

Kyle Guerrette /

it looks no diffrent than the origional, the only diffrence you see is the bigger head of the 60cc while everythin else is internal changes, but ill try to put one up for you...i need to work on my profile anyway :)

sounds like fun, thnx

just to clarify.... cdi box from the zinger or the pw?

i didnt think the qt's had any limiters on them anyway...?

mopedwhisperer /

MOVE!!

no way. montana represent!

mopedwhisperer /

Not you __the guy that hates america needs to move!

well isnt he the shit?ive allready done all this and still love the country im in.i bet he's on welfare and still is a prick!

not only that the intake on the trizinger points forward!

america is a great place. unfortunately the polititians and corporations have stolen it from the people. but i have faith we will take it back someday.

Alexander Orange Moby Syndicate /

Mopedwhisperer,

That's the spirit! When something is broken, why stick around and try to do something about it? Just pack up and abandon it.

I bet you have a lot of old mopeds lying around with broken chains or clogged mufflers. Since you have no interest in trying to fix things when there's something wrong, I assume you'll let me take them off your hands?

-Alexander

Their chickens are all coming home to roost....

It won't be long.... that day has arrived....

The latest NBC poll show that 94% of the American people think Bush deceived us to get us into a war....

Cheney's Mushroom cloud remarks have been exposed....

The heads of the Major Oil companies are caught lying to a House sub-committe investigating their role Secret meetings at the White house to formulate the country's oil policy...

All in the same day!

The Emperor has no clothes!

Karma is a Bizzzzach! ROFL :P

fratbone,

Let's hope it sticks. Bush should be charged with war crimes.

EK

yeah after forcing the country to have to put up with the whole ken starr witch hunt there damn well better be something done about this. im tired of being lied to, and tired of conservatives insulting me for pointing out those missing clothes. im not a violent person by nature but theres a couple people i know that should have their asses kicked for being dangerously ignorant and spreading that ignorance under a veil of political savvy.

what really burns me is that lots of people have been saying all this for a long time and taken a lot of flack over it. including me. now bush and his cronies (and the so called 'liberal news') are trying to say its a 'new ploy'. sorry bub. that dog dont hunt here....

but ultimately i dont blame bush. he doesnt have the sense of a doorknob. he couldnt pull any of this off much less think of it. he's just a puppet who ran on a name.

xrongor,

I agree with you on that. Although he's pretty idiotic in many ways, people shouldn't underestimate him. He's pretty vindictive and pretty nasty when he wants to be.

When Bill Clinton and Bush exchanged offices, they had a conversation, and Bill Clinton specifically said "Don't underestimate Bush." He knew how evil Bush really was.

What puzzles the hell out of me is, WHY, WHY, would Clinton do advertisements with George H. Bush, the senior? What's wrong with Clinton? He did everything right, except for making a mess on Lewinsky's dress, and that commerical.

When Clinton was president, I didn't like him that much. Now, he's my hero. Bush has scared me that much.

EK

mopedwhisperer /

Hey the guy opens the post with the words (non political) and proceeds to say how much he hates living here and canada then says he`s not a "the government" kinda guy. I dont like getting into politics either on these posts so why did the guy start it out that way? I know, just to get me to respond!! Well I did ! I love living in america!! Yea I`m a republican and I know my @#$% about politics and mopeds!! With all her faults America is still the best place to live!! On the moped note ,my friend just got back from germany and there the cops pull out a mini dyno from the patrol car and test bike for speed and noise. If it fails they confiscate it. America isn`t so bad is it ? GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!____mopedwhisperer P.S I used to be a democrat but I changed my political party in 1982. Hey Alexander you should come to one of the MYRONS MOPED rides we usually get about 30 folks and we have a lot of fun. all are welcome________later

Bump... I was looking for some qt stuff and found this gem. Just wanted to share

> «tyler » Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Bump... I was looking for some qt stuff and found this gem. Just wanted

> to share

The politics or the parts??

Jack Rutherford /

I guess you can still find a trizinger engine but usually the pull start is toast. I do have a pw50 ring and pinion gear that's just collecting dust. Much easier and cheaper to just go with the Malossi kit. Send me your qt50 rear differential and I'll trade the gears.

You can further mess with the gear ratio as follows:

Heads up, if this thread continues to be more political than moped, I'm moving it to OT.

I know he fucking full on antagonized the political shit, and if you wanna engage with it, then fine, but it's going to OT if so.

Pics of the 50mph QT plX.

Don’t start shit and there will be no shit.

Tell Brent hi for us!!

> Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

> Heads up, if this thread continues to be more political than moped, I'm

> moving it to OT.

>

> I know he fucking full on antagonized the political shit, and if you

> wanna engage with it, then fine, but it's going to OT if so.

It was from 2005 I just thought it was funny and wanted to bump it. Sorry modz. Miss ya Charlie <3

> «tyler » Wrote:

> > Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Heads up, if this thread continues to be more political than moped,

> I'm

>

> > moving it to OT.

>

> >

>

> > I know he fucking full on antagonized the political shit, and if you

>

> > wanna engage with it, then fine, but it's going to OT if so.

>

> It was from 2005 I just thought it was funny and wanted to bump it.

> Sorry modz. Miss ya Charlie <3

I enjoyed it, a blast from the past.

What kind of qt parts you looking for?

Just trying to find out how people like those cheap eBay 60 kits. I just ordered one. Not a ton of great info on qt thangs

No sweat, I'm just hoping to steer it towards qt and away from the dumb stuff.

Jack Rutherford /

> Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

> No sweat, I'm just hoping to steer it towards qt and away from the dumb

> stuff.

All that dumb stuff was from 2005.

Let's talk about qts, whatcha building, what does it look like, what parts ya got?

I got a free one. Engine is in great shape other than a wasted top end... And the frame is bent as fuck. So I got a new frame and a new 60cc top end. Gonna grab a pitbike front end tomorrow, probably hacknweld a chamber I got laying around... I also have a stock pw80 carb I'm going to run on it.

20191103_181050.jpg

The qt50 I bought had one already installed. Upon closer inspection I found it has been soft seized before me. The oil injection hose nipple on carb had been damaged and come loose at some point and time. Anyways, I fixed the injection part and the damn thing still runs 33mph to this day on an otherwise bone stock setup with scored cylinder and piston. At the time I ordered another one of those kits and have yet to install it now 2 years later. Cant remember the name but reviews were mixed because if inconsistent quality and porosity in castings.

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> > Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > No sweat, I'm just hoping to steer it towards qt and away from the

> dumb

>

> > stuff.

>

> All that dumb stuff was from 2005.

No shit, I'm saying I want it to stay in 2005 or the thread will be moved.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account