Re: Tomos Streetmate Tweaks

I wonder why Tomos deceided to put in such a small tank for all that bike. They must think we want to gas up every few hours or days. I hate gassing up even once a week. I,d like to see them with a 3 gal tank min.

Ha everyone, great riding weather this morning so I took my kitted streetmate out for a 30 mile ride. It was a fun ride and I just have to tell you it was running like a top today. I have 1075 miles on the bike and about 700 miles on the kitted engine. Anyway what I want to say is top speed today was 52mph. Yes I said 52mph. I know this is hard to believe, I can not believe it. This speed was with a tale wind, tucked down and going down a little hill. On the flat at the bottom of the hill I still held 50mph for 1/2 mile. My rpm was 9260. I also have a digital bike speedo, and it said 52mph. My tomos speedo was way pass the 40 mark and the needle was touching the ( T) of tomos at the bottom of the speedo. Streetmates do rule.

HEY THANKS FOR CONFIRMING WHAT I THOUGHT, SO TELL ME THE UPGRADES YOU DID ON YOUR, MINE IS GIVING ME 30MPH NOW BUT THATS OK, I HAVENT CHANGED TO BI TURBO YET, PLUS I ORDERED MY NEW UNRISTRICTED AIR FILTER AND UPJETTING WILL BE 60 SO WILL I GET THAT PERFORMANCE AS WELL....

STREATMATE RULES DUDE............

My non-kitted streetmate R does 50...streetmates do rule

okay i just bought a new 2008 tomos streetmate r, and im trying to get it to go faster. anyway i can do that? i read about getting a smaller sprocket in the back would that help? also an after market pipe adding 10 more hp?

haha you wouldnt get 10 hp or 10mph, yea you could do a smaller sprocket but its like riding with two people. with a 22 rear and an exhaust im sure you could do a little over 40, if not, then just 40

what do you mean like riding with two people? it goes slower lol.. i DONT want that! and im sorry i dont know that much about mopeds. =] hahaha i just need some help on the speed factor. wait arrow are you from VA?

I know the LX holds more than a gallon. It may not be 1.5 gallons, but I bet it holds 1.25. I have one.

Can I increase air flow through the exhaust in any way besides getting a performance exhaust? And were does everybody get there after-market sprockets?

haha ... a55ers SMR is wicked fast...... Marvins Mopeds have produced at least three extremely fast SMR's.... some gearing and a signature porting by Marvin worked hella wonders....... A55ers bike is a conrifmed 50+mph 50cc SMR.....

So how do I make it modified without buying anything?

WILL A 22 TOOTH REAR SPROCKET MIX GOOD WITH AN INPERIAL BLITZ OR A TECNIGAS?

el oh triple el

Rocket,

I would recommend the Technigas as a direct bolt on. You should get about 42-44mph with a 22 rear gear. Jet to about a 58-59 and you should be good.

The Imperial Blitz pipe by inherent design is only good for about 38-39mph, but good on the torque.

My recommendation, however is the Tecno Estoril. If someone can help you reweld the flange angle to fit. The exhaust was made for the A35. A55s have a different exhaust flange angle. This pipe has the widest power band I know of, and still gets out to 43-45mph.

I have a '08 SMR with a modified bullet and some minor porting on my A55 50cc. I run 53 on the flats all day long. I whoop on kits all day long. AND i don't have to premix!!

From this past Sunday, put my Revival up there in the 50 mph 50 cc club too.

Thanks A55er. Is an imperial blitz a good teamate with a 22 tooth gear? And is it faster than a biturbo and 28 tooth?

imperial pip is fin their is a rubber thing in the end of your air filleter box cut it out and put on the 22 tooth gear up jut 2 to 3 jests and chang the spring on the clutch to the blue ones and rip put of the hole and do 38 to 45 mph

whats a SMR?

SMR => Streetmate R.

The Blitz is a torque pipe and will get you out to about 40 mph with a 22t rear.

A fitted Estoril could get you out to 45.... Best all around pipe.

If i put a torque pipe with a 22 tooth gear will it still accelerate slow or will it have decent torque?

Heres what you do.:

1. Biturbo Pipe

2. 70cc airsal kit

3. foam uni pod filter

4. 68 main jet

5. 22 tooth rear sprocket

6. 26 tooth front sprocket

will easily do 50mph once properly broken in,.

thats my setup on my 2008 streetmate.

runs amazing.

be sure you know how to do the work correctly

imperial blitz is ass slow compared to my tecno bullet... but low end is marginally improved

i'm running a polini 65cc kit ona tomos A-35 w/ a hacked up estroil pipe and a 19mm carb going 55+.... shoot me an e-mail...

ez..

my stock modified A55 jug matched with a treats hi hi comp head does 55mph..oh yeah and a shortened a35 bullet, stock jet and stock airbox........ and i dont live in jersey either.....

Lance, do you have a video showing how to modify an airbox?

"A55 tuning post i made a while back":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=7&i=160736&t=102442

that's right kids, i figured that shit out.

neways, long story short, a55 ignition is rev limited, but low end advanced(why they accelerate so well) but you can avoid this in a number of ways.

gear out so it keeps the a55 in low rpms( the stock ignition, as frustrating and restricted as it is will keep the accelleration pretty good no matter how tall you gear with automatic advancement Via a55 CDI)

replace with aftermarket (HPI)

replace with older CDI (a35)

if you go a35 you will need the a35 flywheel, and the a35cdi box, thats it.

these are still rev limited, but not as bad as the a55, but it kinda sucks cuz you lose alot of lowend, because there's no auto advance, you can just advance it to get to like 10-12k or somthing.

There is more to it than that, Steven. You also need to change out the stator and take out the halls sensor. The a35 stator does not have the halls sensor which isn't bad as the a35 cdi coil doesn't have the wires to connect it. It has an advance curve almost like the a55 but levels out at about 9,500 to 10 degrees advance and has no rev limit. The a55 shuts down to 0 degrees advance at about 10,000 rpm and has electrical shut off at 10,500 rpm which is the limit.

The results with the a35 ignition set up gives you more bottom end and mid range and more high speed. In all it is way better. I don't know how you lost low end.

Got my 22 tooth rear sprocket and techno estoril exhaust on my streetmate. Dang im fast! I want to know if my speedometer is accurate cuz its only saying about 40

speedo, not accurate at all.

and whats a halls sensor? the TDC pickup?

I didn't read most of this thread cuzz it seemed to break down into a discussion about using the search function.

Cheap mods.

Port the stock cylinder. Most A55 peeps I know don't run kits, cuzz a ported (or even stock unported) A55 hauls. However, a ported one will go faster. I once walked in on Jesse Cutter porting an A55 jug at Ptown that bike will apparently go 40mph stock. Of course Jesse is a wizard.

Sprockets are cheap mods- but bear in mind it will alter your acceleration or top whichever way you go about it.

As far as not so cheap mods- I'm pretty sure those Bennesar pipes will bolt onto an A55. Those pipes are fucking balls out fast, but they are also very loud.

I wouldn't kit it. It's got a restricted CDI in it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account