Make my puch maxi faster

I have a 79 puch maxi luxe 2 hp. I just put a biturbo on it, and opened the air up a little. What size jet should I get to upgrade it, it currently has a 58. Should I change the gearing too? I think it has a 18:40 or something like that.

Re: Make my puch maxi faster

get #'s 60,62,64. you will need to perform plugchops to be sure, but that should cover you.

check to make sure what gearing you have, then it will be easier to advise.

don't run it without upjetting!!!!!!!!

Ok, I just checked and its 16:45 gearing. And I've been running it that way for quite a while now, and ya, I bet it's been a bit too lean, the plug is pretty light colored. So what do you think I should do for gearing? Also, where's the cheapest place to get the jets, cuz I was on a few sites and either they're like $6 a piece, or the shipping and handling is crazy, and maybe not even worth it.

ikesbikes.com has $3 jets, he might have a 18 tooth sprocket too

well when i click on the carb section it says "no records found"

Jason Luther /

you cant go by the website. email him. i placed an order and got my stuff in two days! he has lots of puch stuff.-jason

so you think I should just change the front sprket and not the back? and an 18?

o, aloso, I just looked at it, and i have a 14mm manifold, and a 12mm carb on it, so can i bore it out to 14? will that make it so i need an even bigger jet than was recommended?

Jason Luther /

yes that would help quite a bit, and yes you will need a bigger jet (mid/upper 60s). just remember once you bore, you cant go back. i bored a dellorto out and it help a lot. im going to do my puchs bing later this fall, maybe. do a search and do everything carefully.-jason

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account