Whats wrong?

Zack Guiliano /

ok heres the deal. i did researc ha while back on what pipe to get on my moped. I got the techno estoril because i was told on quite a few occasions(even my mopedguru) that it had the highest rated speed for aftermarket pipes and all of the people that gave me input said it kicked the biturbos ass easily. now after installing it and changing the jet (from 51-56) still all the mopeds with biturbos kick my ass easily(especially in excelleration). I dont really understand why. these mopeds are the same kind(targa lx) with a supposedly worse pipe and they are killin me. whats wrong with my moped?

Re: Whats wrong?

Do the others have any other modifications like a kit, better air filter, etc.?

Zack Guiliano /

no, none at all

You have any modifications to your airbox? Also, check to see if the pipe is on all the way and that no oil is leaking out of the port.

lol, i got my ass kicked by a targa with a bi turbo on my old targa lx that had a bi turbo. i guess he beat me because his is alot lighter

Zack Guiliano /

yeah targas are lighter

in the tube of the airbox there is a restriction plate and i took that off. the pipe is on tight too.

Zack Guiliano /

could it be that my carb is clogged or maybe the exhaaust port full of carbon? the odometer reads about 5500(i heard tomos's odometer reads in kilometers)

That is probably close to 3200 miles and TOMOS recommends to clean the ports and head every 2,000 miles.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account