Re: The Debated and Infamous Kinetic TFR Moped

- Summerai - Drew /

I was just going to mention how great the breaks are but you beat me to it. I would say they are challenging to work on but definitely not difficult. thry are quite solid and are super comfortable. Cdi, as stated. If i still had mine id kit, carb, pipe, and variate it. it's been done and it's sure to blow some minds.

I wiehg 280 lbs, takes me at about 27 mph. Bitch to work on ( rear wheel mostly) but all in all a 7/10

Ive had my 02 tfr for about 2 years now, and running for 1 year, i bought it from someone and it wasnt running when i got it, a new carb and clutch later it runs like a pretty good, it may not have the best acceleration but it still operates, im bringing it back from the beating it took from its previous owner but it still remains a solid bike, yeah it has its issues but for something so small it gets the job done, and if you get a small tool kit and a Ratcheting screwdriver, you can work on basically everything pretty easily :-) the other bright side to its small size is that if it does completely fail (which would be a Miracle) its easily enough put in the trunk of someones car by 2 people :-)

This thread was in the trunk of someone’s car.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Luna ...

Cosmo motors Quakertown pa.

Larry wise is the guy's name and he is a moped Legend he brought mopeds into the box stores but he runs the kinetics distributors he has an 800 number you can look up

I think cosomo motors sold there stock to moped devision

Screenshot_20191011-083845_Chrome.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I hope he retired I'm going to go down to the shop and check on him...

Dan (high idle) Conway /

Okay my turn... I believe it’s an inferior design on a moped to have the carburetor and cylinder stuffed in a sub frame, after owning similar Vespa grandes and Bravos over the last few years they’ve always been the biggest pain to do anything to... The intakes cast into the crank case suck, tiny transfer ports on the ones i’ve had. Setting points is a pain in the *ss, and the clutches are too primitive. Save your money, wait and get a tomos or puch, they’re a lot more fun in my experience, and way more fun fixing (Which you’re gonna spend alotta time doing with an old moped)

That being said i’ve gone atleast 1500 miles on my Stock Tomos A35 engine with Estoril pipe and 15 SHA with very little maintenance.... Like checking the chain, trans fluid, tire pressure, very very durable/dependable moped. (can’t believe I just said that)

Dan (high idle) Conway /

^Yes I know the threads old, just had to get it off my chest

I only spent $150 on mine because it wasnt running when i got it, had it running 1 year later( dirty carb and finally had time to work on it) ive since spent $200 in new parts to bring it back to stockish looks after it was beat to death by the previous owner :-) its a work in progress but i enjoy my compact moped, eventually ill have bigger mopeds but for now it works to keep my repair skills up :-)

20190626_192245.jpg

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

i'm confused by this talk of kinetics being small and compact. they are as big as most other mopeds, and larger than plenty others. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It seems like its more compact to me considering the size of ither mopeds :-/

Ya Moped Division did by the Kenitic stuff. I just ordered some CDI stuff from Victor.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It just so happens that India has lighter metals....

Pot metal weighs less than steel... So does plastic....

If I had to push one home up a hill w/o the chain or motor engaged....

Ive had to when i first tried to get it running :-/

Bruce Edwards /

10/24/19. I spoke with Larry Wise about 6 weeks ago and bought a left side mirror and some jets for my VERY newly acquired Kinetic TSR with only 3.1 miles on it. He was so cool and a total wealth of information!

Nice Bike

Bruce Edwards /

I'm anxious. I just bought a Malossi lightened clutch shoes and springs kit, the Vespa DR 43mm piston/sleeve kit and a 13.13 Dellorto carburetor and a bunch of jets. I have a high flow intake and a Techno Turbo Circuit Exhaust already. I'm having a professional engine builder/racer do his magic also.

Bruce Edwards /

Where is this "speed limiter?"

Its in your head

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account