COMPRESSION BOOST..

how much can i mill off my 2004 tomos targa with o miles and a complete airsal kit, to boost compression and what gasket# is it worht it or are they other things to be modified as well? can i run aviation fuel without melting my moor?As long as I stay out of "pinging"

Re: COMPRESSION BOOST..

whats the cheapest mod FOR A 200 TOMOS LX FOR LESS THAN 299

Why would you run aviation fuel? there is absolutly no reason to run 125 octane in your moped, you don't even really need to run over 87 unless it does ping, then try 89, don't listen to the people on here that say you need to run 94, you don't

For longevity you should. Running 87 or 89 on a 10:1 compression engine is very risky since it causes dentonation and can ruin your piston, conecting rod, and crank. Also, in the manual, it reccomends 94.

manuel sucks for our bikes

True but it isn't wise to go under 91 octane for a 10:1 compression engine.

running aviation fuel is sweet

Sooo bassman97, based off of what you hear/read, what would you recommend for a 18:1 comp engine?

Pull your sparkplug boot and run diesel.

Or put magic in the tank.

I run 16:1 at 98 octane. (Netherlands)

At this kind of compression the cilinderhead is very very important. Especially the msv (maximum squish velocity).

At 18:1 you definitely need some type off race-fuel. Otherwise the engine will be in engine-heaven within seconds.

I like em around 15.5:1

My polini has 275 psi when comp checked.

92 pump gas b8hs plug with 2 washers

Runs all day no problems

Sorry boys

2004 post.

i'm bringin it back!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account