speed up my moped without spending over 25 dollars

Brandon Phipps /

how speed up my moped without spending alot of money like over 25 bucks ? like speed sprocket or anything? i have a 2003 Hero Majestic Panther.. thanks? anything i could "tune up"?

Re: speed up my moped without spending over 25 dol

proper timing, tire pressure, make sure brakes are not dragging, decoke your exhaust,head,piston...........

nuy a water bottle-run- and lose weight

Brandon Phipps /

how am i suppose to do all that paul?

Sean Taylor 9/18/1971 - 1/14/2007 /

Tape your cat to the seat and tape the throttle all the way open.

let it go

LOL

Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxx /

geezus, i fell off my chair i was laughing so hard reading that. i soooo hate cats!

jay

Zack Guiliano /

how do you dechoke the exhaust

de-coke .. coke is another word for carbon. But if it's coked-up it's the same as being choked-up. The carbon buildup prevents exhaust flow.

search the forum's "Resources" for instructions on cleaning a muffler or just toss it in the fireplace till it glows red hot..

Zack Guiliano /

how do you know if its coked up?

there are symptoms.. reduced top speed, sluggish acceleration. After a few thousand miles the exhaust port and top of the piston and combustion chamber and the muffler can collect quite a bit of carbon. This carbon comes from partially burnt 2-stroke oil.

Brandon Phipps /

how do i clean the carbon? so theres none?

I take my time and carefully scrape it and pick it off the piston, head, and ports with a small knife or something.. Better to leave some than to cut into the aluminum on the piston. Might use a solvent to soften it up..

If you want to pull the cylinder off, check the ring groves since they sometimes collect carbon and that can affect compression because the rings dont seal as well as they should.

I use a headband-magnifier and good lighting.. makes it easier to see exactly what i'm doing.

Mufflers that can be disassembled can be cleaned .. wire brushes and scrapers and whatever tools you can invent. A last resort, imo, is to burn the carbon out of them. This requires a red heat all the way into the muffler and i don't like the idea.. smokes up the neighborhood and might melt or distort something.

cruise the "Resources" up there at the top of the page for instructions on tuneups and cleaning stuff.

BUY A SSPEDO THAT'S 20MPH OFF IN YOUR FAVOR!!!!

Edwin Johnson /

put on buddy seat, add your biggest buddy, and find a long steep hill

Freeman Montgomery /

buy an freeflowing air filter and a jet...

or... find an abandoned rock quarry and get a good running start over the edge.

Don Garlits said it best "you can get anything to go as fast as you can spend..." you want to do much more than get it to top out at the factory top speed, you'll need to spend a little time, effort and MONEY$$$$

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account