Re: targa vs other tomos

John Getsch /

You have a 150cc on your bike?

right now I can't get the gas cap off. I leave for the race tomorrow.

shit

channle locks rull!

Nice, except I would probably take my uncles's 1964 Corvette w/ a 350 or 375hp fuel-injected small block 327 ci Chevy in it (forgot the hp rating he has).

John Getsch /

I'd take my friends 2001 Honda 929 RR Race editon, over your pedly cars any day. does 0-120 faster than you could do 0-60. And it goes on one wheel:)

Not this piece of crap import that hundreds are spent on just to barley match a Corvette. Now, if I had a 426 Hemi in a Viper or a L88 427 Chevy in a Corvette, I will do 0-60 faster than you can say Honda sucks.

alright ye you keep talking, and ill just go with a Nissan Skyline and do alittle bit of tweaking (because they are REALLY resticted cause of the 275 hp limit in japan) and then we will see how you can go up against that with your (american cars) ye and try to go up against a skyline with a muscle car on a real course with real turns. i think you have a litle bit to much of highhopes for your little shitty built american cars. i got nothing agaisnt them , im american myself, but lets admit it, their handeling and quality sucks

Are you retarded? You're telling me a front-wheel drive piece of shit w/ 4-6 cylinders will beat a big-block V-8, w/ rear wheel drive, and that can kick a Ferari's ass in the straights and corners? I don't think so. Remember, nothing beats cubic inches. And since when a Jap car is more reliable than American car? Are you one of those who owns a Crysler or goes by those stupid finance magazines? My dad's 1971 El Camino w/ a LS5 which he owned from 1971 is still going and is used by his co-worker now as his everyday car. My dad's F-150 w/ close to 200,000 miles still didn't get a tune-up or new clutch and can still kick-ass at the stop light. My dad's old Izusu had 100,000 miles and had problems every other month. So, look whose talking now Mr. I love fish-tailing in the corners w/ my front wheel drive while a rear-wheel drive just laped me 5 times. Stop watching Pimp My Ride.

hahhaaha.... american cars are about 500x better....

american vs jap cars

American Cars: Go for 500,000 miles with engine overhauls and major part replacements.

Japanese Cars: Go for 125.000 miles with no problems and then fall apart down to the frame.

Re: american vs jap cars

front wheel drive japanese shit????? r u joking? a skyline is allwheel drive, get ur facts straight buddy. do u have any clue wtf u r talking about? and arent u into american cars why did u just critize chrysler with

"Are you one of those who owns a Crysler or goes by those stupid finance magazines"

hey buddy A CHRSYLER IS AMERICAN rookie. r u joking? and when did i say a skylione could beat a ferrari? and dont compare your fathers shitty car to a ferari. cause ye that car is probley going strong BECAUSE YOU HAD TO REPAIR EVERYTHING IN IT.

skyline front wheel drive.......wow........what you do ...read a magazine of car and driver and now you think you know everything about peformance cars........

now lets look at the specs. A skyline does a 1/4 mile in13.7 seonds . info from http://www.engine-power.com/nissan/skyline_gtr_r34.html

pretty fast..., and you didnt even name a car to match up against it, u just said a big block v8, ye put a mustang gt up against a skyline, see how many times your rookie ass gets over lapped. now go grab your magazine of car and drivers and look up more ideas to come back at me with. what r you waiting for, go!

and also cylinders do matter one but. look at the subaro wrx sti . its a 4 cylinder supercharged. its 30,000. biggest bang for your buck. does a quarter mile in 13.60 now, go and find an american car for that much money and try maching it up agaisnt the wrx sti. you cant

Wow, your retareded. Corvette, Viper, and Mustang GT and Cobra can kick the Subaru's ass since it does the quarter in the 12's or 11's. Hell, even a 64 GTO can kick it's ass and that was before the 400 ci engine. Plus, the Mustang GT and the 64 GTO is cheaper than the Subaru (GTO depends). Also, a Ford GT can destroy a Ferari so you think a little Jap car can beat it? No. Also, your 0-120 time is probably not 0-120mph. It's probably 0-120km/h. My dad's El Camino and F-150? All original excepet for the oil filter, tires, and oil/lubes in it. Sorry, no rebuilds or engine swaps. Big deal, all wheel drive. A little 4 cylinder cannot beat a v8 that is twice or three times the size of it.

By the way retard, Chrysler isn't American anymore. Mercedes owns them now so get your facts straight. And any American muscle car can kick your skyline's ass in the quarter (Chevelle, GS, and 442). Hell, the mustang GT does the quarter low 13's, upper 12's. That right there already beat your skyline. A Corvette does the 1/4 in low-mid 11's. That destroyed your 4-cylinder there. That Skyline isn't impressive. It is a waste of money that can't even beat a Mustang GT. When are you going to learn nothing beats cubic inches? Even look at the Fast and the Furious 1 and 2. When those 4-cylinders go against the muscle cars, they barley catch up to them even on Nitrous.

My bad, the Buick GS w/ slicks and a Stage II 455 in it can do the quarter in less than 11 seconds.

wow. where are you getting your info from? a ford gt will do 11sec? what are you taking it in the ass while you are writing this and losting your concentration? what has gone to your head?? you better lay off the grass there buddy. and you say a ferrari will lose to a forg gt WHAT!. wow. im done fighting with little kids like u. i cant believe what came out of this kids mouth........a ford gt can take a ferrari................................wow

Unlike you, I get my numbers from respected sources like Motor Trend and Car and Driver. Also, both magazines raced a Ferari 360 and a Ford GT and the Ford GT consistently beat the Ferari in all measures. And think about it. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds? If a Corvette does the 1/4 around 11.5 seconds and it only does 0-60 in 3.9-4.0 seconds, of course the Ford GT can do better. And what are, you are only 15 and can't even pass the written test for a moped? You are pittiful. No wonder you're so retarded, you have no common sense and by the way, I passed that test and the driver's test and I'm 16 fucker. I been around the block a few times while you sat at home jacking off to a pic of your import piece of shit. All I know is if I had my Nova SS w/ a 350 and a 4 on the floor, you won't see tail pipes, you'll see my upper 11 second time while you're only 1/8 mile down.

look. im doin arguing with you. you been around the block? what your boyfriends dont drive to your house? you have to drive to theirs? . Sitting home jerking off at imports.........wow, u got some wierd kinky for cars dont you? your saying i jerk off at imports and thats pittiful, what do you do jerk off at american cars? is that the "right thing" to do? ight look w/e im done fighting with your white trash. later punk

Zack Guiliano /

omg its always american vs. jap.

anyways, whoever said the thing about chrysler bein owned by mercedes last time i checked mercedes was german so isnt that a whole nother league?

and about american vs. jap

dont even argue about it. some jap cars are faster than american cars and some american cars are faster than jap cars. when talkin about reliability how well the driver treats it will always be too big a variable to compare the two.

and non of you race your cars often like a weekly hobby(i can tell cuz if you did you woulda said somethin about it) so quit challenging each other and stop trying to act like a racer. just cuz you know the specs of a lot of cars doesnt mean you are the all knowing god of car-dom. i dont know a TON about cars but i do know that a ford treated correctly can easily go 100,000+ miles without breaking down and a toyota can jus as easily do the same. i also know that when racing, it all depends on skill and what you got under the hood(which will 90% not be stock) so then quit comparing the two, too many variables to have a comparison.

I know but I get touchy about import assholes who say that they can be American muscle since in my opinion, imports are a waste a money since you can go and get an old muscle car that costs less then getting an import and modifing it to just barley match in the 1/4 mile.

Zack Guiliano /

yeah, imports normally would cost more(since most people will buy them new cuz older imports look a bit shitty most of the time) but some people jus have a different style. its all opinion.

think about it. if it wasnt for imports, america woundlt really be making cars that they r making now. think about those 83-89's cars. huge. loud. and low gas milage. then imports came. simple. good gas mileage. and american cars companys decided it was time to get wit the competition.

Zack Guiliano /

id rather they kept low gas mileage, that combined with the gas prices today would add up to a lot mroe moped riders.

anyways ive seen this kinda of argument a TON. never gets anywhere. american cars would have been fine (no offense intended against your argument) but with the gas prices now they would quickly realize that gas mileage would be a bigger factor than back then, plus now they are making laws about gas mileage and emissions and such so they would have gotten quieter and better with gas mileage anyways.

basically, who cares, everyone has their own opinions for cars and your arguing wont change a thing.

true. but ti sure will keep that ignorant "america is the best" bassman27 kid thinking about different ideas

Zack Guiliano /

who says hes ignorant and your not? your jus as opposed to american cars as he is to imports.

and how did u get into our converstaion in the first place?

Zack Guiliano /

its a forum, its public which means i can state my opinions if i want. basically i jus came in wanting to let you know how stupid the whole argument is in that it will get you no where. dont take it as an insult but jus some advice.

It's bassman97, not 27 sped. Also, when you look at reliability and performance, you don't automatically go w/ what is on TV. You go by cubic inches and the country's philosophy on cars and on building. Germany has the Autobahn so their cars are the most reliable because of the long distances at high speeds. American cars are made for comfort and showing off. Plus, we don't try to cut corners (unlike Chrysler). Japanese/Korean cars are made w/ the good gas mileage in mind and are stuck on I4 and V6 engines mainly and small compact cars. For performance, the Japanese/Korean philosophy of good mileage kills them because they are stuck on I4 or V6 engines (I have yet to see a car, not a truck, from them w/ a V8). In America, performance always appealed to us hence the big-block V8s that made close to 600 hp before gas and insurence killed them. Now, we only got small block V8s that can kill the larger ones sometimes and a few V10s. Germany though, has performance standard thanks to the Autobahn because at 200+ mph, you still have to be manuverable and have stopping power. Plus, you need to have enough power to pass and get up to 200 mph. Look, I'm sick of arguing. All I can say is pick up a Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Road and Track, or something else besides Sport Compacts. Just take a look on the other side for the hell of it. If not, fine by me. Just don't pull up to me in your import when I get my license next year. If you still want to argue, let's do it over AIM.

HEY I THOUGHT THIS WAS A MOPED DISCUSSION SITE!!!

where did the japanese get their ideas from? American Muscle. Who inventedthe first car? Americans.

American cars will always be more dominant. Number 1 Selling Pickup Truck? Ford F-150. Not no nissan, or toyota, although toyota's are pertty nice cars. your etlling me you'd take a Brand new Stock Skyline, over a 1970 Chevelle SS with a 454 Big Block? I Dont Think So.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account