targa vs other tomos

Hey, i'm thinking of suping up a tomos, and i'm woundering what one is the best, handleing and cabability wize. Acceleration, top end, braking etc. Any inpute would be apreciated. Oh, and anyone know the top rpm on a stock and on a 70cc kit on one of them.

Re: targa vs other tomos

I believe top rpm is around 5200-6000 and I would reccomend the TOMOS TOMOS (aka Targa) since it comes w/ oil injection and is lighter than the Revival and LX (Targa LX) and handles the same as both. If you want acceleration and torque though, go w/ the Revival since it peaks at 2800 rpm for torque (rather than 3500 for the other models) and 5000 rpm for hp (5200 for the others) but you sacrifice weight.

John Getsch /

how heavier is the lx, and do you have to mix oil or what?

Zack Guiliano /

they all have the same engines except the revival. except for the sprint they all have oil injection. its pretty much all of em are the same. they jus may feel a lil different.

John Getsch /

So how is the oil mixed in the other modles? Is the revivals engine faster?

they r all about tha same. On the Tomos Tomos, Tomos lx , and the Revival, you do not need to pre-mix oil since it has oil injection- the tank for gasoline, and an under-the-seat oil tank. But with the sprint , you do need to premix oil. The lightest is the Tomos Sprint, and it is also the cheapest, but it doesnt have oil injection. if you would wana build the fastest , i would go for the tomos tomos, since its lighter than the tomos lx and the revival but it has oil injection. but its up to u. but the reviival is a heavy bike, i would go for that

The LX is like 20-25lbs heavier... And no, no mixing is required because it has oil injection.

Alan

Acceleration, torque, and good looks-Revival

Horsepower, lightweight, and speed- TOMOS TOMOS or Sprint

Above but w/ crappy plastic- TOMOS LX

John Getsch /

Why crappy plastic?

Zack Guiliano /

the lx is probly more like 10 pounds heavier. the only real difference is the gas tank.

Because the LX has crappy plastic that rattles and cracks easily and is a rip-off for replacement pieces.

I just bought the Tomos Tomos(Targa). This thing is awesome. It has good stock acceleration but mine tops out at about 32mph. I havent been able to go full throttle because they say not to do full unitl 300 miles. So I would go with the Tomos Tomos. If you want to know what mine looks like you can go to the pictures and go to Tomos and pick the 2005 Tomos. It is an awesome moped. Go with it.

What i am thinking about as i read through this thread is: Why is everyone expressing the importance of auto lube when installing a kit the first thing to go is the auto lube? Why spend the extra cash on a system that you will be removing anyways? I know when i get a chance i will end up with the sprint before anything else.

Tbonestone

John Getsch /

Why would you remove the oil pump ?

from what it sounds like, when you mod the motor you're obviously making more performance. Well the oil pump will only put out so much. Therefore people remove the pump and go back to pre-mix in order to maintain good lubrication... Don't ask me all about it, i'm asking others myself. I would like to pick up a tomos near the end of summer if some shops are trying to unload them.

You don't have to remove. You can keep it but just add a small ammount of oil in your gas.

Makes sense bassman, i honestly did not think about that one...

Tom

here is my targa lx race ped

0-40 4sec

9,000 rpm

26 tooth rear sprocket (custom made)

tccd 70cc kit

custom made struts (to replace shocks)

wider back tire

turned to premix

1088011474_dsc04782.jpg

good luck Terry

targa lx owns you all

John Getsch /

I really like your specs. You really do 0-40 in 4? My puch with 60cc kit does 0-30 in like 14. If you could tell me your exact specs to get performance like that or close too, my e-mail is terrygetsch@hotmail.com. I am REALY interested.

well i was also unsure of which tomos to go for but i decided to go for the 2005 Tomos Tomos (its red and black). I LOVE it. it is great, the dealer just dropped it off. it was like 1,340 at steves moped world. i absolutley love it. it is great. u should go for it, its awesome!

yeah.. thats one hot bike..

zero to 40 in 4 seconds is fast..

the Dodge Viper, a 500 horsepower , 505 cubic inch V10 only does 0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds..

ye but the difference is his bike will top out at 40 and the dodge viper will do 0-100 in 6 seconds

will's bike is fast.

A 150cc Aprilia .. liquid cooled 4-stroke.. 90 mph top speed .. Only goes 0-40 mph in 5.5 seconds

Will will smoke 'em.

:-) thats right! lol

Alan

Thing is I do top out at 40mph

witch is not that bad considering it is a moped

ye but u cant compare it to a viper, cause that second that wills bikes does faster the viper will make up for it in the long run,

Forget the Viper. The Ford GT does 60 in 3.4-3.6 seconds and it has a 500hp/500 lbs-ft 330 ci V8 small block Ford.

driving ability has something to do with it..

you get your GT and i'll drive my Viper and we can race Will's moped.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account