new ideas

can we get some new ideas posted on here im tired of the same thing over and over again asking about things which were surely intended to increase the power of a moped, its overdone and i am just dying to see something new and out of the box that will revolutionize the moped world. lets start brainstorming and using this forum as a tool to actually create ideas that are new the world of mopeds. i challenge you all to pick your brains for ideas. the challenge is yours if you chose to accept it, sorry for the dumb line.

Re: new ideas

stop crying

John Gardner /

I challenge you to pick your own brain for an idea. Quit whining and make something happen.

John.......

look.. inventive people are one in a million.. it's not a matter of brainstorming.

A new idea is like a baby. You don't just push it out into the open in it's undeveloped condition. The average engineering dunce, which is 99.9% of the population, will simply attack the idea since this is the only form participation they have to offer. They do it for alot of reasons.. jealousy.. or fear of change... or who knows what. They will attack the new idea and the idea will be killed. And it's the inventor's fault.

Even after an idea is fully developed and proven to work it will not be easy to convince average people it is worthwhile. Getting an idea is 1% of the work, actual development is about 49% and the last 50% is getting people to accept it.

This is a public forum. If you are serious about brainstorming creative solutions to the shortcomings of 2-stroke engines, find or create a private, moderated forum.

Zack Guiliano /

not to mention sharing it on the internet without all the thousands of patents would be retarded cuz if its a good idea at all than someone else will steal it quite fast

I have been wondering if you could build a two wheel drive model, like the "kenada bike" from AKIRA, out of a moped.

Too expensive. What you want mopeds to cost $5,000-$10,000

Alan

Scott Joyce /

ok i dont care if anyone does steal my ideas im not in it for money i just want to have fun and build a custom moped, the cost is somewhat of an issue, and i do agree with targa5150 but i mean its not about buying someone elses idea its about finding creative ways to save money and yet build a sweet moped. and i do disagree with what you said about only a few people in this world that can come up with ideas, thats so false each of us have equally capable minds if we really put them to use and think about anything,

scott, ye u say that now that your not in it for the money... sounds like a lot of bull shit talk to me... but how would u like if you post a great idea, simple but great, on this website and then 2 months later, you see it being advertised all over mopeds places such as this site and people actually making a reasonable amount of money on it, then you wouldnt be so happy that you just got played and left as the sucker

i dunno.. i have a notebook full of "good" ideas.. too many for one lifetime.

product development takes a long time.. sometimes years of hard work and investing grocery money with no guarantee of any return..

like someone in the Repair section mentioned cleaning a fuel tank with like a cat-o-nine tails attached to a drill.. You stick this cable (or maybe a multi-cable) with a metal ball or something on the end into the tank and knock all the interior rust off..

There's an idea worthy of experiment, imho.. cheap, easy to try different things and the device is needed by lots of various industries..

go for it.. you will sell a million of them, unless there's already something like this on the market.. I haven't seen anything like it myself.

Scott Joyce /

eric unlike most people in this world who center their life around money which sadly is a large number of people especially us greedyamericans, i for one am not in it for money. i dont want to get "ideas" so that i can market them i will leave that to someone else if they want but i just want to build something for my own moped and maybe my friends, its just for fun more than anything else, i dont want other people to just be able to buy them thats what i am arguing i want to see more home brew devices on people's mopeds instead of everyone just getting the same stuff.

ye scott, u say that now, bue we ALL know if you had the chance to get your product and make it "blow up" and make alot of money, you would, not a doubt in my mind and not a doubt in anyones else, your putting on an act like you wouldnt care and your doing it "for the love of mopeds" but we all know thats alot of fake talk

Scott Joyce /

haha well im sure i cant convince you otherwise so i wont even try but its sad to think that you believe everyone in this world is so money loving that they would take the chance if they had it. yes if i watned to market my product and make money i would but id rather just build it for my moped and play with it. i really dont have a desire to get an idea to "blow up" as you say and sell a billion of them its just not want i want to do. maybe i would sell plans for the unit cheaply to cover costs but i dont have time with college and my life to start making efi units to sell to people for their mopeds. truly what happened to this world, its sad to see that you believe everyone is out to get as much money as they can.

lol, ok, why are u even acting like that? you KNOW you would take any chance to make loads of money, anyone would , its common sense, why make no money after working hard inventing a product that will sell millions when you can get the quanity you deserve. its common sense scott, and cmon, stop trying to put on an act like you dont care about money. Maybe you were born rich, but for us who werent, we need it to get by in life

Scott Joyce /

eric this is the last time im going to argue with you about this, no im not rich and no i dont want to make millions by inventing something i just want to develop an efi system for my moped and maybe brainstorm with people on here about other ideas. now if you have nothing to say but to argue with me than please dont post anything.

There's nothing stopping anyone from getting rich.. few are willing to work for it. Inventing, developing a product and marketing it has to be one of the worst investments in a person's time and money and one with the worst statistical chance of success..

Stay in school, take business courses, get a nice secure job selling other people's inventions and just show up for work and have a affluent lifestyle, almost guaranteed..

Inventors are crazy and live on the fringes of society.. Whether or not they got in it "for the money" many great inventors die broke, not unlike many very famous artists. The two callings are quite similar...

yo scott, i can post whatever i want wherever i want, who are you to tell me not to post here anymore???? i just know all that your are sayin is bull shit and your tryin to put on an act like you do it for the "love of mopeds" , cmon everyone knows u r tryin to put on an act you little poser

Scott Joyce /

hahahahaha you called me a poser thats hillarious, but the funny part is you dont even know me and you are making assumpitions based on your own greedy desires for money is this world. well hate to tell you this but this got blown way out of proportion and all i want to do is try to come up with some cool ideas for our mopeds THATS IT i dont want to come up with ideas and then steal them and market them or whatever you think i dont care anymore and this is just a waste of our time if we are just going to argue about me wanting to be rich or not so whatever this has gone down hill from trying to come up with ideas to just an argument so this is officially my last post in the topic. goodbye

heh.. don't say i didnt warn you that this is the wrong forum for this sort of thing.

Eric is just proving my point. Your idea of using this forum as an incubator for ideas is being attacked.. and now it's dead.

There is a cylinder hone called a 'bottle brush' that does the same thing to hone cylinder walls, you would just need longer brushes.

Fuck, what does everyone have???

I'm there with scott, yeah, everyone wants to make money, but not in EVERYTHING!!!

it is possible to like mopeds and enjoying them without making money out of them...

take the example of someone loving video games.... he's gonna play video games, and try everything he can without wanting ANY money in return.....

These are two completly differents things, Passions, and Jobs, for the living...

Scott can love his moped and he can try to modify it....just for fun...

Is someone renovating his house trying to make money???

no, he's just trying to be comfortable and trying to be happy about his home...

same thing about moped, scott wanted to do something cool about his moped just to enjoy it...

simple thing...

he wasn'T even talking about commercial things and all...

he wanted to do something CUSTOM, just for fun...

you guys are acting like money slayers...

and you are talking like if you ever get a good idea, you'll simply keep if for yourself just in case someone steals the idea...this suckes BAD!

anyway scott, i think these people are simply too narrow minded to accept anything coming from someone else...

this is sad

g.b.

Scott Joyce /

dude thanks a lot i was hoping that someone would come back me up cuz i knew that there had to be more people out there that just like mopeds to have fun with. and reading your post an idea came to my head, i would probly begin to hate mopeds if they became my source of income because i would have to constantly deal with the downfalls of a two stroke just to make my money rather than just screwing with them whenever i wanted for fun, an example being my dad used to love cars when he was my age which is 19 and he quit school to become a mechanic, and guess what now he hates cars because he has to deal with them all the time and i just dont want that to become me and mopeds id rather just have fun with them and try to come up with something custom. but once again g.b. YOU ROCK!

I think my porting the reed valve on the TOMOS is out-of-the-box.

Zack Guiliano /

well if you came up with a good idea and didnt want the money for it why not take the money and use it to fiddle with your mopeds WITHOUT the cost of parts and materials? wouldnt that jus make it better? Theres always a use for money and your trying to say if there was a million dollars in front of your face you wouldnt reach for it. Its pretty clear if you could solve your live problems so you didnt even need to work, im sure you would. even if its doing something you love at least then you wont have to worry about financial problems at all, something many people worry about every day. Im not syaing your doing it for the money but if you did it for fun, why wouldn't you jus go and get a million bux for it? Once again with the money you could buy a ton of mopeds and toy around with em all. but your saying youd pass up an opportunity of a lifetime because you think its more fun without money? comon thats bull. even if your like that now there are a VERY SMALL FEW people that wouldnt turn a lil green at the chance to make some major cash without hurting anyone.

he never talked about new ideas that would get commercial and everyting...

aren't you tired of people asking if they need to upjet their carb...

or people asking, what size of sproket do i need....

or what do they need to do to speed up their moped...

he simply wanted new ideas...

take JOEW for example, he already came with amazing ideas...

like his 2 belt variator transmission...

and his custom pipe...

and everything...

i dont think he wanted to do the 2 belt transmission for money...didn't you?

just for fun....

we do not need to be engeeneers to have ideas...

we do not need to commercialize everything we do...

we can invent, FOR FUN!

Scott Joyce /

my response to bassman is, would i even like mopeds if i had to work to make my product earn money, just having a product isnt all you ahve to do to make money on it, would i even have time for just screwing with mopeds? yes i would reach for a million dollars if it was in front of my face but having a good idea is not the same as a million dollars within arms reach its more like working a buttload to get that money

Dude, I never wrote the commercial thing. Get glasses and learn how to read user names.

Scott Joyce /

haha oh shoot yah im sorry bassman i was thinkin one thing and typed another

Zack Guiliano /

im jus saying if you did make somethin that could revolutionize mopeds even if you jus did it for fun, why not jus patent it or something and sell the patents to a company, than you wouldnt even really NEED to work tooooo hard because if you got the finished product for fun the only work is getting patents and selling em to a company. and if it had the possibilty to revolutionize mopeds im sure it wouldnt be hard to sell. basically the million dollars would not be too far off. i too am not in life for the money i plan on being a musician or jus work in the recording industry, a buisness which i could easily struggle for money in but i would enjoy it. im jus saying why wouldnt you take that extra step to make your life a bit easier.

Im sketching out some idea for a two-wheel drive bike, i.e. motor drives both the front and rear wheel. Are there motorcycles like this? If not is there a good reason?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account