targa w bi-turbo, looking for speed kit next.advic

Reuben Mahaffy /

I've got a 2001 Targa that i bought with a 1 piece bi-turbo already on. I'm looking to do a speed kit next, looking seriously at the Airsal 44mm kit, then buying a bigger carb and intake kit. Another alternative is going for the raptor kit with the technigas next pipe. My question is if the technigas is a substantially better pipe than the bi-tubo? Also will the 1 pice bi-tubo even work with the outlined upgrades? I'm a bit of a novice mechanic, but a quick learner and wanting to get my hands dirty. Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

Re: targa w bi-turbo, looking for speed kit next.a

the technigas is defenintely better quality construction. the biturbo can outpreform the technigas in max top end though but the technigas prefroms better all around. I like the technigas better.

I would just get a rapttor kit and a 27 tooth sprocket if you want insane prefromance

Stevie Holewa /

yeah i agree with john. i have just that set up and it flys. i have the airsal kit, a jetted carb, 27 tooth sprocket, and a custom fabed K&N air filter/intake. i originaly used my bi-turbo on my targa when i got the airsal kit and it works fine, but the technigas works better with the airsal kit.

The one piece Biturbo will work with the Airsail kit, and it works with the stock carburator. With the stock carburator re-jetted, and three 1/4 inch holes drilled in the airbox my bike set up like this goes over 40mph. At the speed of about 45mph with this setup, and a 200lb rider there is still a bit of extra power, it tops out at about 50mph on long level stretches. This is using the stock sprocket. It would go a bit faster with a 27 tooth sprocket.

I am sure that a bike kited with a Raptor kit would out perform my bike. But, if money is an issue, and you want much better performance rather than insane performance, the Airsail kit with a bit of jetting and drilling the airbox is an option.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account