Re: Another PA50 Idle Issue

Chris Lay /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So last night I soaked the carb in parts dip for a couple hours, cleaned it real good in hot soapy water the sprayed it with WD for the night. This morning I went to tackle that idle circuit orifice hole. WOW is that hole small. I ended up using the tip of the smallest needle I could find then progressed from there. The tip on the other thread to use the smallest end of a guitar string is a good one. It’s rigid and works well but you may have to start with a needle like I did.

I’m almost certain the hole is clear now because if I blow compressed air down the hole where the orifice is, close the idle circuit needle and hold my finger over hole behind the choke plate, I can feel a tiny bit of air coming out the bottom of the main jet tube. And I couldn’t before. Got some new rubber seals coming from Treatland(are they any good) then I’ll post back here.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account