Lost spark gradually in a day

roots to wings /

E50 maxi airsal 65 bing 14 running points and 6v. Bike has been running fabulously but i began to notice it was breaking up at Wot almost like it needed more fuel. Over the course of one day that breaking ip that ive had for weeks gradually moved down the throttle until i went from barely being able to keep it running on the stand to no spark at all. Replaced what i thought was a fouled plug, cleaned and checked points, went thru the entire fuel line from petcock to carb and jets and banjo and out new inline filter on. Getting ohms that dont go to zero on external condenser but i know my bike will spark without a condenser. Wondering if it could be external ignition and how id test that. Going to check tail light bulb and where i joined my wires when i took out the internal condenser next. 6 wire stator. Thanks for any leads.

Re: Lost spark gradually in a day

roots to wings /

Not the bulbs

Re: Lost spark gradually in a day

roots to wings /

Resolved. Blue ignition wire from stator gradually came loose. Should have been first thing i checked

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account