PC50 Engine-Identify crankshaft Ops.?

I have a 67’-69’ pc50, with a 4 cycle 49cc Eng. Can someone tell me how this crankshaft works when u switch from free wheel peddling to engage to start Eng.? One day I came out to ride and I rolled it outside, flipped the lever to pedal it to start and it’s locked up? I flip the lever and peddles rotate both ways freely. Flip the lever to start and it doesn’t budge, and the tire skids across pavement?? I tore the Eng apart and found nothing broken, no shaving’s, no teeth broken off.? The absolute only thing I can’t figure out is how the crankshaft engages and disengages? Could it be my problem? I can’t find any videos or anything telling me how this piece works. Plz any advice is greatly appreciated!! Text me 678-722-1262

image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: PC50 Engine-Identify crankshaft Ops.?

And your top end isn't locked up?

Re: PC50 Engine-Identify crankshaft Ops.?

Rodger Folkerts /

Nope top end is all great. I took the engine to a friend that works on cars and motorcycles, never a moped, but he figured out my problem!! It is a spring that’s compressed from years of use, it’s in the crankshaft that u peddle. I’ll send pix. Thank you for your help!!

8B286943-2C13-444E-944F-EF8CE090E0C9.jpeg
D7D6F4A9-1DCC-4207-A5A2-35C7D5D6FBC7.jpeg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account