Question ?

jonathan thomas /

I want to replace all the bolts and screw s and nuts on this bike as part of restoration I know when I go to take off the fenders , and other stuff off for sand blasting and new paint some of them are going to break anyone have a link that can help ?

20220405_092650.jpg

Re: Question ?

Pushrod Fifty /

McMaster Carr sells metrics and you can get the cool blue plated ones. For wrecked ones, I usually pick thru my spares to replace them. I usually put all of my salvagable fasteners in a piece of folded up chicken wire and sand blast them. Paint with rusto silver metallic and they are pretty durable.

I purchased all of my new hardware from the hardware store. Home depot, Lowe's, and Ace all carry a good selection of metric. Just gotta hope they have enough in stock.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I imagine you're looking for a "nuts and bolts package" but they don't really exist. Best bet is to methodically document your needs during breakdown and order new on rebuild.

Pushrod Fifty /

The thing about a Moby is that they have a million different pieces of hardware that makes it hard.

belmetric.com

Just make sure you verify which thread pitch you need.

jonathan thomas /

Here's an update before and after painting and new bolts

20220405_092650.jpg
20220528_131748.jpg
20220601_180639.jpg

jonathan thomas /

jonathan thomas /

I need to replace this as well can anyone give me information on it and the pads as well

20220730_172201.jpg
20220730_172013.jpg

jonathan thomas /

I had to move and it was damaged during the move if treatland.tv has it please link

Yes to the chain and post in the buy sell forum for a moby brake plate front or rear, it helps to roughly measure as well. Does it run?

jonathan thomas /

It Shure does run

Yay

jonathan thomas /

Ya I saw that and ordered it

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account