No spark on my old Moby

I have been working on my 58 Mobylette for some time and for whatever reason I can't get it to spark. I have installed a CDI unit, new coil and regulator.

The CDI unit has 4 wires coming out of it. Yellow, Green, Black and black with a red tracer. The Yellow wire goes to the regulator, yellow to yellow. Green to green out of the CDI control box. Black to ground and that leaves black/red to what? There is a red wire coming out of the CDI control box, is that what it hooks up to? The Black/white wire coming out of the control box is for the kill switch? Orange out of the control box goes to the coil?

I added an extra ground from the engine to the frame where all the other ground are attached.

Unless the coil is bad? I have no idea what is going on.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

John in Texas

Re: No spark on my old Moby

Richard Eberline /

Grounds have to be bare metal clean. The grounds are:

Stator AC coil. black wire

CDI Box. black wire

HT coil make a wire large terminal

Voltage regulator. black wire

Optional ground engine head to frame.

Black with white stipe is kill wire. Not needed use decomp.

Richard Eberline /

Black with red stripe goes to cdi box.

Orange to ht coil.

John Ebert /

Well I will go back and clean where the grounds all attach to the frame and build a ground strap from the frame to the engine. I had one going from one of the carb mounting studs to the frame. As someone said you can't have enough grounds.

Thanks

John in Texas

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account