10mm A55 wrist pin bushing

I have an a55 engine that’s missing a wrist pin bushing. I want to run the cylinder and head off an a3 but the pistons I have for it all accept 10mm wrist pins and I believe the a55 is a 12mm bushing. Can someone either point me in the direction of a 10mm wrist pin bushing for an a55 or a stock a3 piston that accepts a 12mm wrist pin? Am I trying to do something impossible? Thanks in advance

Re: 10mm A55 wrist pin bushing

The a55 uses a needle bearing for the wrist pin not a bushing. I doubt a A3 cylinder would even seal on the huge transfers of the a55. What is you problem and exactly what are you trying to do?

Dirty30 Dillon /

What your trying to do is not impossible, but it is seemingly without benefit.

The A55 top end is decidedly a better top end, especially matched with the A55 bottom end transfers.

Are you trying to adapt the a55 bottom end to put on your '78 Bullet?

louis borzage /

> Stephen Simmons wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The a55 uses a needle bearing for the wrist pin not a bushing. I doubt a

> A3 cylinder would even seal on the huge transfers of the a55. What is

> you problem and exactly what are you trying to do?

Ah, thank you. I did not know it used a needle bearing. That would explain why I couldn't find a brass bushing for it.

> Paul H wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Are you trying to adapt the a55 bottom end to put on your '78 Bullet?

I kitted my A3 with the 70cc alukit so I have the stock cylinder and head laying around, I also have an a55 engine with no cylinder/head so I thought I could just throw them on there but from the sounds of it I don't think I should? They are still in good condition and I would hate not to do anything with them.

Thanks for the input guys

If you buy the correct A35 alukit piston (measure and check because they have 44 and 45 really similar) it will let you run the kit on a a35/55 bottom end. The only thing that makes it a a3 kit is the 10 pin piston.

Ah ok, that makes perfect sense.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account