Spark plug brand?

I recently picked up a Batavus Bronco in excellent condition. It runs great and I couldn't be happier. I am wondering if anyone has a spark plug brand preference? The owners manual (yes it came with the original owners manual) lists the spark plug as a Bosch W 240 T1 which of course is obsolete. I did a cross reference and found replacements but of course there are many different brands. I am just looking to see if anyone has any input on what they feel is best or maybe what to avoid?

I have a boat and a snowmobile and both or those I run NGK. The sled is a 2-stroke and everyone go sledding with and talk to always runs NGK's. It looks like they have a plug that will work for my moped so i was leaning that way but i wanted to see if anyone has any input.

thanks

Re: Spark plug brand?

Autolites run fine for me. The StreetMate had an NGK and it was okay.

I've had the best performance from NGK and Denso iridium plugs .

I run what I can find, unless you're trying to go crazy fast and want everything perfect, brand doesn't matter, just get the right size

> mower hoarder wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I run what I can find, unless you're trying to go crazy fast and want

> everything perfect, brand doesn't matter, just get the right size

Many times brand does matter . Some are not fully compatible for whatever reason .

Some 'fit' the overall composition of the motor/bike much better and help to make life a pleasure . ;)

Yeah, e.g., Champions run fine in my mowers, but in Minarellis and Morinis I don't like them.

That batavus should have a ngk b6hs or bp6hs. They have super low compression from the factory and are really picky about the right plug and plug gap. You can run br6hs which has the resistor too, sometimes those are easier to find.

B7 is the next size cooler, they will be ok too, my vintage sleds run b8es, the e is the long thread version, don't mix them up.

If the NGK B6HS comment is right, theres also an iridium version BR6HIX aka 3419. I just got one for my KTM at oreilly. The B7 has an iridium too, BR7HIX aka 7067

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account