Crank seals

i have a moped with what I think are bad crank seals, how can i tell if theyre bad?

Re: Crank seals

Probably Fred /

Depends on the bike but if it’s a Engine that has a transmission then it will burn transmission oil on that side making white smoke or more smoke that’s different then two cycle oil smoke

And on the magneto side you could have an air leak, many times you could take the magneto cover off and you’ll see oil in magneto cover or covering coils whatever from the two cycle oil in the mix,

But either case you need to do a leak down test to pressurize in the intake and see where air comes out but not too or you blow the seal out

This almost looks like he’s operating a seal making machine ha ha

1B380D79-B757-439C-8A59-E4BD5C8EF3E0.gif

mower hoarder /

Sweet, ill try that thanks!

Dirty30 Dillon /

A leak down test.

You could also pressurize the crank case with Lucas replacement wiring harness smoke. Not designed for this exactly but the Brit's know their smoke...

lucas.jpg

> Probably Fred wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> This almost looks like he’s operating a seal making machine ha ha

That gif is amazing, lol

pew pew pew! (edited)

A dead give away is any bs gas oil dirt thats wet looking in the magneto area especially if its covered. Should be dry as a bone and new lookin.

mower hoarder /

That is clearly reproduction smoke, the original was sold as a factory option with the car

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account