Malaguti new dribbling turn signal relay?

Terbo Speghetti /

So I've got this euro spec malaguti new dribbling with a CDI and turn signals and all that other 90s stuff.

I'm tryna replace the broken turn signals with LEDs that I have on a shelf, but that means swapping the flasher relay for an LED compatible jobber.

Problem is, I can't find the original! It seems like the power comes out of a regulator/rectifier and goes straight to the turn signals but I know that can't be true because they blinked (blunk?) before.

Anyone else have one of these and know where I should be looking?

Re: Malaguti new dribbling turn signal relay?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Fuck, it's been a couple years since I worked on the Euro New Dribbling, but I seem t recall that the flasher unit was either under the center covers (hovering over the motor) or it's under the downtube cowl cover. I don't believe it was behind the headlight, but I honestly didn't have to mess with the flashers on that bike before I sold it.

Terbo Speghetti /

I've got the middle cover and the tank off, but the only things I've found are that reg/rectifier looking thing and the CDI box/HT coil on the other side.

Nothing behind the lights, nothing under the seat, nothing tucked up in the subframe.

The only thing I can possibly come up with is that reg/rectifier has a blinker in it somewhere. Sounds crazy but I guess it is Italian

I see the purple going back down to the rest of the bike, where does that go?

Terbo Speghetti /

There's a green and a purple that run back to the rear turn signals too, guess I left that out. Nothing between them and the switch tho. (edited)

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There's a green and a purple that run back to the rear turn signals too,

> guess I left that out. Nothing between them and the switch tho.

Odd. My money is on some weird relay setup in the rectifier/regulator

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account