Finally looked at the Magnum with no spark

Got this Magnum a few months ago have had a couple of health issues finally got to look at it tonight. It has zero spark. After looking closely at the terminal block. I can see that the blue wire coming from the ignition is broken off and not connected. Does anyone know where it goes in the block? As usual I appreciate your help.

Rob

PXL_20210620_034851579.jpg

Re: Finally looked at the Magnum with no spark

Robert Bentzel /

It seems kind of common sense to connect it to the Blue terminal block the second down. Not knowing where it came from I don't want to in short circuit anything it is the blue wire coming off of the coil pack by the way.

I believe that the dark blue cable goes into the 3rd terminal where the black one is.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/w/images/b/bd/1978_Puch_Magnum_XK_Wiring_Diagram.pdf

In this diagram it has a blue cable going into the same terminal. Also I wired a magnum today and they were connected without me touching it.

If you follow the spark plug wire, it should lead to a black plastic-looking thing called the high tension coil. That coil should have two more wires coming out of it — one is usually brown and goes to ground, and the other is usually blue and goes to the terminal block, where it connects to the blue wire from the stator.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Blue black can be a taillight return ground...

Run the blue wire from the magneto to ground, see if that solves the spark issue. The worst that could happen trying things is grounding a wire that isn't supposed to, but that's the same as a kill switch--no harm, no foul. Sorry to hear that you've been ill but are back at it!

Blue goes to black on the block.

They always disconnect the blue wire in the movies.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account