Minarelli intake for 19 polini cp carb?

Just like the topic says, which intake do I need?

This isn’t going to work, the new carb is too tall, hits the head, so I need something offset. Also, I’m not entirely sure the intake and carb go together...I was assuming the hose that goes over the intake should go over the carb, but the carb looks like it’s made to slip over something instead.

I’m more than willing to try making one if someone has the base I need and can let me know what size pipe I should use.

Thanks for any input.

Re: Minarelli intake for 19 polini cp carb?

Did you get the spigot mount or the clamp on mount carb?

Pretty obvious difference. Spigot mount has a coupla grooves on a shiney pipe looking end, and the clamp on has, well, a clamp.

Clamp mount carb

Ok, a clamp mount obviously clamps on directly to the intake, so if you run a rubber mounted intake you need a small piece of pipe clamped on to the carb, that the rubber can slip over. But that's just a rigged way for not having the right set up.

Best way is find the right offset intake so the carb is off to the side and clears whatever is in the way.

Can also use an old header from a puch or something.

>

> I’m more than willing to try making one if someone has the base I need

> and can let me know what size pipe I should use.

>

> Thanks for any input.

Nobody know what you bought or have. Sounds like you have some skilz so buy some calipers and start putting it together. Mopeds are a neverending puzzle. Exhaust headers make usuable intakes but clean first.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account