biturbo exhaust repacking

Does anyone know how to repack the baffle on the biturbo? do i have to grind off the rivets to access it or is there another way? i have a rivet set in case if i have to. i just recently acquired a used bike and im unsure the condition of the exhaust but the bike works amazing. i may not need this info right away but ill need it later on down the road as i ride my bike as a daily ride.

Re: biturbo exhaust repacking

Exactly as you said. Grind or drill the rivets and repack

thanks i wasnt quite sure and didnt want to fuck things up. glad i cleared that up

Take off the spring clip on the end, slide off the end cap and then you should be able to repack the baffle. If the rivets are loose it wouldn't hurt to replace them at the same time, but I dont think you need to drill them out just to change the packing.

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Take off the spring clip on the end, slide off the end cap and then you

> should be able to repack the baffle. If the rivets are loose it wouldn't

> hurt to replace them at the same time, but I dont think you need to

> drill them out just to change the packing.

Yeah you don't have to take those rivets off just the end circlip thing

When you repack dont cram the new packing material in tight. You want it to be kinda loose so it can absorb the sound. Some people use brass steel wool or fmf sells two stroke fiberglass strand material that I like. Comes in a big bag and will be almost a life time supply.

Excuse me diablo I couldn't help seeing what you said about fmf has some fiberglass strand material. Is that online? What site if you don't mind?

> Mark Alan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Excuse me diablo I couldn't help seeing what you said about fmf has some

> fiberglass strand material. Is that online? What site if you don't mind?

Just search up FMF Baffle Packing.. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fmf-2-stroke-replacement-muffler-packing?gclid=Cj0KCQjws-OEBhCkARIsAPhOkIYf_6ERO-WJkMZn0J-BW1hqQIkQSj61lnLik26QdTYehSC_4sca42YaAtjREALw_wcB

Thanks. Seems like much better option than fly material.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account