Too much Oil in Engine?

Hey Guys,

So I finally got Spark (and I mean good/consistent spark), I got compression, but when I kick it over, it spits out a lot, and I mean a lot of thin oil from my bike. My solution is to take the head and the jug out and spray down the inside with a degreasing agent, and then blow dry it with my compressor. Also, I have been trying to start it with starter fluid. I have been putting a 1 count of it in, but I am not sure if that is too much or too little.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Johnny!

Re: Too much Oil in Engine?

Usually taking the plug out and kicking the motor over a few times (with the ignition switch in the off position) is enough to clear it out. It's probably mostly starter fluid mixed with whatever oil was left in the crankcase.

Avoid starting fluid, no lube in it, use pre-mix....

There should not be any oil coming out if everything is sealed up properly.

Is this bike oil injection?

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your insight guys. OK, so I guess I should give a bit more backstory. I received a junk bike, that is a two stroke. The engine was half part when I got it, and it had sludge in the engine (half oil, half gunk). I drained it out and cleaned it the best I could. I stupidly put a bit of oil in there in fear that it would be too dry. I guess this is price I make for this mistake, tearing apart the engine just to clean it out again. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Johnny

I always try to put a bit of oil in the engine for storage. It'll smoke a bit when it first fires up but it's not an issue.

If the engine was to be stored for some length of time then that can be done, but if you were still working on it it is not necessary unless everything is cast iron, which can flash rust immediately after cleaning with water. But engines are not made of cast iron, just some cylinders.

Still not really understanding what is going on. Maybe a few pics will help.

I don't get it either. What bike do you have. Post pictures. There's oil in a 2 stroke, no big deal, better than the alternative and winding up with crusty bearings. Unless there's like a shitload of oil, then you need to drain it but in any case you don't need to disassemble the motor to do that

OK, so i will post some photos later, What i have is not exactly a moped, its a 1965 Suzuki K11(its a 2 stroke dirt bike). I possibly too much motor oil into it (4 stroke oil) to lube the engine when i had the head/barrel off of it. Every time i turn it over, it spits out oil from the engine, i will take some photos later. I am tempted to take out the head and barrel in order to really drain it out/clean it out. What do you guys think?

I mean I would just get as much out as you can and then run it with like a 50:1 mixture. Burning that oil isn't going to hurt anything

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account