Vdo speedometer drive after sealed bearing conversion

up shits creek /

Just got done swapping out the old loose bearing races for ASTRO glide sealed bearings.

My issue now is I've lost my speedometer driver because it hooked to the old races.

Is there a vdo drive that attaches to the notch on the hub?

Or what do ppl do if they want to keep a speedo drive.

IMG_20210218_211741486.jpg

Re: Vdo speedometer drive after sealed bearing conversion

I have a vdo drive for you. I just removed it. It has two tabs that fit into notches on the hub. I did not end up going analog for my speedo so I dont need it. PM me. If you want it. The cost is like $15 shipped.

Well I did not have the correct one. The one needed is for snowflakes. Maybe someone has one. All I saw on treats were cev ones. You could adapt one of those to work and replace your vdo speedometer with a cev one. That would be the most direct way to use new parts that are immediately available from Treatland.tv there are many other parts websites to look around thru tho. Put up a WTB in the buy/sell forum. Be sure to specify snowflake speedo hub.

up shits creek /

Thanks again. Really want to keep vdo as my 60mph speedo is vdo.

The trick is to make two notches in the hub before putting in the sealed bearings.

up shits creek /

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The trick is to make two notches in the hub before putting in the sealed

> bearings.

Tell me more. Can I do this post bearing install?

Yeah I don’t see why not if you’re careful. Basically try to replicate the notches in the loose bearing shield assembly pictured, but by removing material from the hub on either side of where the sealed bearing is pressed in. You will need to figure out the proper size shim to go in between the bearing and the Speedo drive in order for the drive to work smoothly and not bind, but that’s the case with all sealed front conversions anyway.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account