new Tomos brakes from treatland not working

hey guys I'm having a tough time with my brakes on my tomos sprint. I put some older tomos wheels on the bike and installed new brake shoes from treatland on it and they just aren't big enough to make good contact. I really don't know why as I'm pretty sure i have the biggest option 105mm diameter and 20mm pads. is there something bigger that i just haven't seen? or are the rims i have just so worn that they won't take new brakes anymore? I have the adjusters all the way tight and I tightened the line the best i can. Nothing is working. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

(14) Marketplace - 2006 Tomos Classic Xl _ Facebook - Google Chrome 2_12_2021 1_34_59 AM.png

Re: new Tomos brakes from treatland not working

kinda far but you need a long adjuster on the brake plate, its not there. While adjusting, just keep going till it locks up and then back off till pads barely touch, set lock nut then. Only use handle bar adjustments for micro fine tuning.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Is the arm bottoming out on the brake plate before the shoes grab? If so then its possible that the drum is worn, or you have the wrong brake shoes.

is there anything bigger than 105mm?

the arm goes almost all the wat in before it makes contact i know it shouldn't be like that for these brakes. is there a bigger size i should have?

Dude,

Your cable is way too loose as stated above. You need a long barrel adjuster on the brake plate. It goes on the end of the cable housing and allows you to tighten your cable. Another option (not as good) would be to get a knarp, some good cable cutters and just shorten the cable.

Tomos uses an open ended cable and has a pinch bolt on the brake plate. T hff at allows you to pull all of the slack out of the line and push in the brake lever about 2/3 the way in. Then pinch the cable there. That will give you the proper tension. If you need additional adjustment after that it is the bolt at the brake hand lever.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account