Re: Help with wiring 1976 Puch Maxi 5 wire

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yes sorry I meant blue not black.

>

> Yellow to lights, blue to ignition. Groud all the rest but you can use

> the green for your tail light.

I don’t know where you live but where I live we need a working brake light as well as taillight and it needs to be very bright.

A few years ago I came to a stop at a zebra pedestrian crossing to let joggers cross and I heard a screech behind me, I was almost rear ended, I knew right then my brake light was probably burned out, when I got home, yup it was burned out!

And on group rides people that didn’t have brake lights only a taillight I’ve seen mild rear collisions and once I had to go into a chuck hole to avoid a collision from someone who did a brake check and didn’t have a brake light and it damaged my bike rim and fork

Many don’t realize that mopeds are motor vehicles and they should have all lights to be safe not just one red painted LED bulb hanging off a chopped fender and having turn signals too helps these distracted motorists see nowadays who barely have 1/2 of an eye on the road, they need as many flashing lights in front of them to react.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account