Chipped e50 engine case HELP

The guy i got this swinger1 from tried using a screwdriver to get the flywheel off and chipped this lip off in a few spots. Is this terrible? I have replacement cases but look how clean the inside of this thing is. Low low miles im guessing. Under the oil, the cases still shine.

20200923_154756.jpg
20210124_212833.jpg

Re: Chipped e50 engine case HELP

Beach Club Nick /

It's fine, that makes no difference at all. Don't use a screwdriver, buy the $15 puller of treatland.tv and save yourself from damaging $100's worth of engine components you can break doing silly things like that.

andy Pluff /

Yeah i got it off with a puller. Just wondering if water is more likely to get in there damaging anything?

Beach Club Nick /

> andy Pluff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah i got it off with a puller. Just wondering if water is more likely

> to get in there damaging anything?

Not really, no. Just buy a flywheel cover if you're worried about that, it would help keep the points from getting corroded which prevents you from having to clean them regularly.

andy Pluff /

Okay thanks. I went ahead and got a spare case because i thought this was trashed. Hmm. Do i use the chipped one that goes to the frame or use the random case i got used?

Beach Club Nick /

You shouldn't mismatch case halves, generally speaking. Just reuse the one you chipped, put the flywheel cover back on when you're done and it's like it never even happened.

Johnny Braaapp /

PM Sent

Just sell me those extra case halves...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account