Re: Stumped by a damn bing!

roots to wings /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Todays test. Installed 2nd new condenser and checked head and gaskets. I didn't get 50 feet past the end of my driveway. Walk of shame back up the driveway. Turns out my atomizer had vibrated so loose as to almost have dropped in the bowl. Checked the rest of the carb (always clean the jet) and tightened everything up and ripped at wot for 15 mins without issue. Longer test needed to see what happens when engine is warm on long run before I drop it for the rebuild. Proper position of petcock filter? I assume at same angle as tank rather than touching the top or bottom of tank inside. Also want to test 51 slide with the idle hole. Setup is Bing 15, 15, 2.17, 78, #1, clipped third from top, br6hs, metal mesh, mlm cali, 14x40. 42-43 mph top speed. I know it will go faster (but don't care to as forks and bottom end are untouched) with 16x40 or even 16x45 but clutch needs tuning (xstiff springs) and might need a new bell for proper bottom end. I love the sound and top end of the mlm cali, but the estoril hits harder, is more torquey, and has better bottom and mid range overall, but 2-3 mph slower up top. Have to try estoril again without rattling atomizer. Note that the both the estoril and cali pipe flanges had to be ground down fairly significantly to connect to Airsal exhaust port.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account