Piaggio ciao si start up problem

Valentin Mishu /

Hello , wht do you recomand to do at the start pads ( its new ferodo) but it dosent engages the engine well to start not even if i give pedals like a bike and push the decompresor ofcourse no sign of trying to move the piston...i try pads on both sides , i try some wheights inside..nothing

I can only start it with a rope on the variator & pull hard...this is only way how its starts

(Engine works well once started smooth nothing jam inside)

Engine polini d46 , variator polini high speed ...

Thank you, Valentin

Re: Piaggio ciao si start up problem

Dirty30 Dillon /

Didn't you just replace the gearset in this? Are you sure that the freewheel mech is not bound?

Valentin Mishu /

Yes the engine its new 400km , flywheel pinasco 650g, carb 13.13 66main jet and change the gear from pulley to variator..

All new shafts ratio 11:1, mozzo pinasco ...i will take it off to verify again but i dont think somethinig wrong because works very nice once started...someone say its fault of the compresion..

Its bigger on this one....

i realy dont know that to try or verify

make sure your decompression works, alternatively you couldntake your spark plug off and see if you can get the motornto spin.

Valentin Mishu /

it works but i dont know if 100%, if i thake of the spark plug yes the piston its spining ...thank you i will work on it totday to test this

Valentin Mishu /

https://we.tl/t-3LzKvj3vn6

... i try pads on both sides , try increase the weight of them clean them with sandpaper diluant ...nothing nothing

maybe some pictures might help.

1. clean, make sure arms swing freely

2. clean, make sure no grease/oil on pads nor starter bell

3. the stock weight is fine, how are you adding weight?

4. Anything nee takes time to wear in to fit its applicatuon. The contact surface needs to increase especially when trying to spin a new motor with a kit.

3. ensure belt is in good condition and adjusted properly.

4. run start and jump on.

5. stretch springs instead of adding weight.

nothing is something.

Valentin Mishu /

Thank you ,i will announce you

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account