E50 Bearing Puller

Anyone got a link to a good one?

Thank you

Re: E50 Bearing Puller

Probably Fred /

Have you had any luck with the 3 claw type like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KO0DQ/

i have the harbor freight one, (use the coupon) works good. Just add a little grease and a small washer to the tip so it don't mash your crank threads.

the 3 jaw you pictured will not work.

This puller set is the one I got from Puchshop. It is the perfect tool and makes the job of removing all bearings on an E50 effortless.

Maybe you can find the same set stateside.

Another vote for the Harbor Freight one. Perfect for bearings and I used it to get a pedal crank off once. Def not the three-jaw one. It isn't thin enough.

Beware with 3 jaw pullers you can damage the thread on cranks

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, 3-jaw puller is pretty useless for splitting bearings. Get the HF/Amazon bearing splitter set

I just replaced the bearings and seals in an E50 two weeks ago. I used a 3 jaw puller and made it work. I did it without a flywheel or a clutch puller also.

Also didnt damage any crank threads! And the engine runs great now.

> Taylor King Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I just replaced the bearings and seals in an E50 two weeks ago. I used a

> 3 jaw puller and made it work. I did it without a flywheel or a clutch

> puller also.

>

> Also didnt damage any crank threads! And the engine runs great now.

It's still not a great idea to use a 3 jaw puller. Like you can sort of use a screwdriver as a hammer in a pinch, but that doesn't mean it's always going to work or that you don't need to buy a hammer.

Pushrod Fifty /

Harbor Freight wedge puller set has two different sizes for pulling bearings that are right up against the crank. Not sire of the price but I paid $55 a few years back.

16097183293691488758288.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account