50cc weird compression

Josiah Nowak /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hey guys I am new here and I have a question about a moped I am working on for a friend. she said that she was riding it and it just stopped. then it was siting for like 2 years in a garage and now it is at my house. I figured that the carb was just dirty. but when I dump fuel in the intake it does not go. I checked for spark and it has good strong spark. so I take off the intake manifold and I put fuel in there, well it went everywhere. so I put my finger over it to act as a choke and I feel a lot of pressure and suction. and when I put my finger over the spark pug whole I feel much less compression than at the intake. what do you think my problem is? I was thinking timing chain skipped, but I wanted a second opinion before I dig in.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account