New Moped, 1st Moped 1986 Puch Maxi

Had this moped looked at by a local guy who drained the engine that was flooded and cleaned the spark plug and had it running. When I was riding it after picking it up, I took it to 30 mph and it stopped running. Have t been able to get it to start since. It gets close but never seems to turn over. Here’s a video.

Any ideas?

Re: New Moped, 1st Moped 1986 Puch Maxi

How is the inside of the tank, if rusty or dirty you may have sucked something into the carb? Have you tested for spark? Is your kill switch in the run position? Fuel valve "on"? Are you using the choke when trying to start it? Check out "freds guide" in the wiki.

He didn't drain the transmission, did he? Make sure there's still oil in it by checking the fill bolt on the right side of the motor. Also was there oil mixed in with the gas in the tank? The motor sounds pretty crunchy

I don’t believe he drained the transmission. There is an oil mixture in the gas tank...the motor is definitely really crunchy haha. I’ll check the fill bolt, thank you.

Awesome. Definitely gonna check carb and air, and double check everything you listed! Thank you for the advice.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account