Am I being dumb and over looking something?

Wolf Wizard /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
6018CFD1-7460-4E97-B06E-167E94EE2B92.jpeg

I took this set up off a running bike (carb, pipe, cylinder, and intake,) rebuilt this motor (different engine) and slapped it on. Won’t idle unless the idle screw is cranked in and she’s screaming. Me no like. I took the carb off, tore it down. Soaked it in my bucket -o- carb clean for an hour and blew out every passage I could fit my nozzle into. Re assembled with an 81 main, 40 idle. Same result.

Blocked intake and exhaust, hooked up my leak down tester. No bubbles. I even took off the ignition and front vario to check the seals.

Nothing.

Checked my timing, marks were lining up perfect and to be honest If you hop on her and just rip it she fucking goessssss. Just won’t idle healthy at all. If I get it anywhere near the rpm I like, she stalls. I can almost get it to idle where I like with the choke (makes me realllly think it’s an air leak but can’t frighten find one)

Checked piston. Arrow is down to the exhaust like it’s supposed to be. (Never messed that one up but had to check)

Next logical step to me is put a different carb on to rule out the carb entirely, but other than a carb gremlin Or an air leak I cannot find even with a leak down, what on earth could cause this? It’s been a good long while since I’ve had to wrestle with an engine, and I thought I was covering all my bases, any ideas?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Am I being dumb and over looking something?Topic by: Wolf Wizard Wolf Wizard 10/11/20 03:04AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Papa _ Papa _ 10/11/20 04:20AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: P D P D 10/11/20 09:05AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: pat splat pat splat 10/11/20 09:30AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Wolf Wizard Wolf Wizard 10/11/20 10:58AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F 10/11/20 10:59AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 10/11/20 11:21AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: baird co baird co 10/11/20 11:25AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: baird co baird co 10/11/20 11:22AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Wolf Wizard Wolf Wizard 10/11/20 02:26PM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Daniel '' Daniel '' 10/11/20 02:33PM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 10/11/20 05:42PM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Wolf Wizard Wolf Wizard 10/11/20 09:22PM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Jay Rivett Jay Rivett 10/12/20 08:41AM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: Steven Bolduc Steven Bolduc 10/12/20 12:20PM
  Re: Am I being dumb and over looking something?Re: K Olena K Olena 10/15/20 12:21PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account