Timing issue and needing a guru's help plz?

Yes I have an a35. Did a crankshaft replacement and now the pipe is getting hot and it runs good for five minutes? Damn I even made sure to put the timing notch on the top line on the case when I did reassembly. Could I have caused timing retard even though the crankshaft is out of an a35? Could the connecting rod length be different from the other crankshaft causing the timing problem?? I'm asking courteously for some advice from someone with tomos knowledge? Thanks for your time.

Re: Timing issue and needing a guru's help plz?

Possibly? Have you tried checking the timing with a timing light?

I don't have a timing light. Some people told me when I put it back together just move the stator notch a hair towards advance. Because the timing was retarded at the top notch on the case. Plus it might be alot of it my fault because I didn't have a 44 mm airsol Base gasket so I used a stock a35 Base gasket. Lol dumb I know. It could have caused the lean plug and hot pipe. But I've learned alot in passed few days. I'm waiting on New crankshaft bearings and airsol gaskets and I need to get an inner case gasket. Then start the rebuild

put your tongue on the coil

> Brian Ferguson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Possibly? Have you tried checking the timing with a timing light?

You'd be surprised at how far off the timing can be when checking with an automotive timing light. You need a 12v power supply of course. I use my truck or car battery to power the light and connect the induction pick-up to the peds spark plug wire. Works great. (edited)

Pat lol. Long time no hear from.haha yeah More tomos issues.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account