Tomos Targa LX chain alignment help

alexander van Alphen /

Hey guys,

So my chain fell off last time I started up my Tomos. I realized the chain must have been very loose and I am currently working on tightening the chain and aligning the front and rear sprockets. Getting it the right tightness is no problem, however, it is taking me a really long time to try and get the sprockets perfectly aligned. It seems like the sprockets are aligned evenly when I adjust it but when I rotate the wheel the chain doesn't move over the sprockets smoothly, I've been trying to get the perfect alignment for a while now to get the chain to move smoothly over the sprockets. Any advice on how to get these sprockets aligned nicely? I've just been making tiny adjustments to those snail lookin things on the back but no matter how much I try to align it the chain is still not moving smoothly. Also, the chain and sprockets are still in good condition from what I can tell and I don't think they're worn out.

Thanks,

Alex

Re: Tomos Targa LX chain alignment help

Maybe post a short video from the back , showing chain / sprocket alignment and the wheel spinning .

alexander van Alphen /

Sure!

I'll take a video and post it first thing tomorrow mornin

alexander van Alphen /

Hey! So just took a video, here's the link:

your chain still looks pretty loose

alexander van Alphen /

When I tighten it more it seems like the chain runs even less smoothly over the sprockets. I'll tighten it more and take a vid. I guess the chain isn't running smoothly over the sprockets cause the back sprocket is still out of line?

alexander van Alphen /

Just tightened the chain some more and tried re-aligning. Sorry for the weird buzzing noise, my phone is a lil broken. I feel like the back sprocket is still unaligned but the snail adjuster things doesn't move it enough to get it to line up with the front one.

Rear sprocket seems fine. Replace front sprocket and use a new 415 chain.

ill have to agree with d o^^. its a worn front sprocket and chain.

alexander van Alphen /

Thanks for the help! I'll order those parts from treats right away!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account