Tomos Targa LX chain alignment help

alexander van Alphen /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey guys,

So my chain fell off last time I started up my Tomos. I realized the chain must have been very loose and I am currently working on tightening the chain and aligning the front and rear sprockets. Getting it the right tightness is no problem, however, it is taking me a really long time to try and get the sprockets perfectly aligned. It seems like the sprockets are aligned evenly when I adjust it but when I rotate the wheel the chain doesn't move over the sprockets smoothly, I've been trying to get the perfect alignment for a while now to get the chain to move smoothly over the sprockets. Any advice on how to get these sprockets aligned nicely? I've just been making tiny adjustments to those snail lookin things on the back but no matter how much I try to align it the chain is still not moving smoothly. Also, the chain and sprockets are still in good condition from what I can tell and I don't think they're worn out.

Thanks,

Alex

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account