Took my top end off

Tom my top end off and can't find the arrow toward exhaust does it really matter. It's a stock hi torq off a 1980 puch Newport za50.. going to put it on my 1982 murray. The top end in their now has 3600 miles on it and the hi torq top end I have came off a bike with only 260miles on it so hopefully it will look liven up my bike

20200802_180634.jpg

Re: Took my top end off

When installing that piston simply line up the transfer cut outs in the skirt with those in the cylinder skirt .

If done differently , you'd likely be loosing performance and possibly a piston skirt , as most wrist pins are slightly offset to mitigate piston slap .

Tweaker trash /

It looks like a12mm circlip

Tweaker trash /

Show head

those are not arrows but impact marks from sockets/pipes to get it unstuck at one time, take a look at piston clearance to cylinder, slop, and ring gap to make sure its all good and not a waste of time.

Theirs an arrow on the head I'm guessing that points to exhaust but I'm not really sure

20200802_180619.jpg

12mm circlip? Is that the size of the weist pin clips or something.

20200802_180455.jpg

Your best bet would be to download , read and become best friends with :

https://martysgarage.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/puchservicemanuals.pdf

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

Just keep the locator pins from crossing a port, that'll determine your orientation.

> Hepatitis J [OFMC] Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just keep the locator pins from crossing a port, that'll determine your

> orientation.

How can you expect him to know what 'his' orientation is if he doesn't know what a circlip is ?

Well I finally put the hi torq topend back on my ped. The had it with the ring pins at 7 o clock a d the other at 4 o clock . Bike fired right up I let it warm up and cool down a couple of times on the kick stand and when I felt comfortable took it around the block. Well I got maybe an 1/8 of a mile and I started getting a terrible wrapping noise I said shit I just caught a ring so I shut it mlm down and peddled her home. Took the jug off and everything was normal inside the clyinder so I flipped the piston over to where the clips would be at 10o clock and 2 oclock and repeated let it warm up and cool down on the kick stand a couple of times. I've pool ut about 10miles on it now and it's been good other then having to mess with the heating. But it still hasn't blown up yet knock on wood. Thanks for the help dudes

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account