Recent problems with Tomos (poor acceleration, slow uphill)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi everybody,

I have an Tomos with an A35 engine and a Jamarcol Fuego exhaust pipe. This is my first moped and I bought it 2-3 months ago. I'm pretty much a total noob.

There are 2 issues that began at about the same time a few days ago, and I'm not sure if they're related.

One is an issue with acceleration/speed,

The second is a knocking sound that I worry could be indicative of other problems

It's become very slow to accelerate much if not most of the time, and extremely slow going up hills. Sometimes after stopping at a light I'll put it on full throttle with the engine revving very loud, but it might only be going 5-10 mph. Even when I'm at higher speeds (30+), sometimes it seems like every 10 yards or whatever it lags and then speeds back up, almost as if it's being held back by something. It doesn't seem to be going quite as fast as it did before in general (before I think top speed 40-45, now 30-35).

I was riding the other day (before I starting having these issues), and drove pretty fast (~40mph) over some bad holes/bumps in the rode and it felt like it fucked the bike up a bit (hard to describe it more specifically than that). When I got home, I was walking it back and with the engine off, and I heard a little knocking sound coming from the fork area.

Either during that ride, or the next time I rode, I started having the acceleration problems. I don't know if they're related at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solving these problems? And should I avoid riding it until they're fixed?

Thanks very much,

Trevor

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account