Re: PETG 3D Printed Magnum Side Covers and Trunks + NS50 trunk lids

Deadped Ryan /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I'm working with an older scanner, but it's good enough to pull geometry. I just finished up a magnum tank, and it's pretty cool. Not sure what I plan to do with the geometry... a 3d printed magnum tank sounds like a bad idea lol. Might proceed with side covers. The cool thing is, all you gotta do is mirror it when you get it right for the other side.

I'm in agreement with the calipers. Nothing beats a set of calipers! (unless it's shitty weird organic geometry lol). I think the whole thing could have been reproduced if you had a nice set of radius gauges.

Switch bases are black anodized 6061-t6. They're currently in transit... hopefully they're in stock by the end of the month. They use M4 mounting screws tapped into the aluminum to secure the switch and the base to the bars.

The tank looks short, but it isn't... it's just perspective.

magnumfront.JPG
IMG_7290.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account