Re: Beloved 1984 Trac Clipper still has no power

Mark Kinsler /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thank you, Roffman. I've been giving your response a good deal of thought. I think while I'm waiting for other alternatives I'll take your advice and, after letting the old float bake out at a moderately-elevated temperature for a day or so, I'll coat it with some Red-Kote gas tank sealer that I have left over from my adventures with the Beloved 1964 Econoline van. After a day or so of letting it dry I'll re-install the float and try once more. Myron's Mopeds offers a float that might work for $25.00, and I've written to them for advice along those lines as well. It's a shame that parts are so difficult to get for these bikes, for they're built like a Korean tank and are unlikely to fall apart like my ancient motorized bicycle.

I should add that a motorized bicycle is absolutely not the same as a moped. The geometry for riding and steering is incorrect, the brakes are a joke, there's no electrical system or suspension, and the whole arrangement is precarious. The idea is fun--the kit including the engine cost eighty bucks--but 25 mph on a bicycle that was never meant to be powered is a terrifying speed.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account