Re: Moped won't start after thunder storm / rain? here's how to fix

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Don’t forget the switches also.

Many times the switches get full of water and they need to be blown out, that’s what happened to me once years ago when I forgot put the bike in the garage and left it in the driveway overnight and it rained pretty good for about an hour.

The next morning I air hosed everything that you guys said and it still didn’t start.

The only things left which were the switches which were plastic and never gave me any problems when I rode or was caught in the rain before so I blasted them with the air hose. I was surprised how much water and debris blew out the ignition switch and then the bike started right up,

A while ago my wife left the driver side van window open and quick shower came and soaked the armrest switches then the electric windows and locks didn’t work so I did the air hose to those and it worked perfect and they still work

I make it a habit now from time to time blow some air from the compressor into the switches of my bikes to clean them out

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account