19mm PHBG carburetor woes. No fuel. have everything else.

Anyone have an idea why I am not getting any fuel to the cylinder. I have fuel in the float, all the jets are clear. I tested compression and spark. still no fuel on the plug.

I am going to tear it down and clean it and stuff, but if there are any suggestions let me know. ... oh i guess it might be clogged past the jets.. I just need to clean it I guess but if anyone knows anything else let me know.

94 main 37 idle 60 starter jet in the carb.

70cc a35 parmakit cylinder, with parmakit coil.

I know I have some old reeds in there, that has a little chip in it. going to switch that out with malossi reeds.

Someone has had to have had this problem before. otherwise ill let you know when I get it fixed. or ill end up trading. this is not the right carb anyways, I wish it had the idle screw facing the other way. if anyone has a 19mm carb they want to trade let me know.

Thanks

phbg1.jpg
phbg2.jpg

Re: 19mm PHBG carburetor woes. No fuel. have everything else.

Is the second pic with the throttle all the way open? Slide is at full throttle. Have you ever cleaned a carb before? From the way you worded this post you should find someone to help you clean and tune your bike local.

Wesley Ambrosini /

Can we see a pic of the bike in all its paint pen glory?

I once was stumped on a carb that wasnt getting fuel to the cyl. Ended up my idle jet was clogged. Somehow sealed over, couldnt ream it out. Had to swap jets.

Get in there and clean it out good. Check all the jets are clear.

And you don't have a gigantic air leak ?????

You do have a lot of clamps on the intake hose... are you splicing together additional pieces of hose?

Just think, anytime you put two parts together there is a potential air leak point. I would see if you can get one longer hose to only then have two clamps on it.

So if this is a carb /intake "upgrade" , the usual dispensed wisdom is go back to where it last worked and verify that it continues to work...then move forward...but if there is something like a bunch of janky adaptors and hoses etc etc..start there first...while issues with the starter circuit often are the problem ....two strokers work like any the other suction pump..the rising piston pulls in air which rushes over the jets.

maybe u need to goop a bunch of silicone on your crank seals.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> maybe u need to goop a bunch of silicone on your crank seals.

So , I wasn't the only one to see that .

I had a similar problem and it turned out that my choke was defective. Maybe replace your choke

Tweaker trash /

Stoping using rtv on the base

Stop using RTV anywhere on or in the MOTOR .

Real Trouble eVery time .

Pushrod Fifty /

I had a similar problem, my tank was empty.

Do u think this has something to do with it?

15963126912914328316385352324346.jpg

Take it into a dark room. Flashlight under reeds ..what peeks out above ? If not much no it's probably not the reeds unless for some reason they don't open.

> Justin Broth Wrote:

> Do u think this has something to do with it?

yeah, thats terrible, try flipping, or using the other side of the base, etc.

Also, was looking at your carb slide, is it backwards? i thought it was impossible to do( because of pin location), but the cutout is always facing the motor.

If you have the stock controls your gonna wanna notch your throttle so that you can get to WOT

> pat splat Wrote:

>

> Also, was looking at your carb slide, is it backwards? i thought it was

> impossible to do( because of pin location), but

> the cutout is always facing the motor.

That doesn't sound right . Slide cutouts go to the carb intake .

Hey thanks for all the suggestions. I got it to do something crazy! so I switched out the reed for a malossi I had. I got an ad carb which wasn't exactly what i thought but I made it work, maybe better. Also I have the 55 starter, 50 idle and 97 main.

I should get a video of this. I choke it whatever.. when I kick it the stator moves counterclockwise right.. well when it does turn on the stator is moving clockwise! ....

do you get whats happening?

after I kick it, when it comes to a stop, it's kicking over backwards once and turning on.. I think

It seems to idle nice when it does come on.

except it causes the pedal to go backwards and catch up, unless i press it in gently.

wheel spins backwards a little, can feel clutch slipping

Maybe I can just flip the leads on the parmakit cdi coil?

or start messing with the stator and timing,

I am using the small connector as the power I think.

pretty wierd tho huh?

I grabbed these cdi 4 pole stator coils off a parts bike and lined them up with the lines i thought. I hate timing. Pics coming soon.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account