Hobbit rear pulley

My rear pulley is not opening up.I have just gotten this bike back I had it stored hours away for the past three years.The rear pulley was always crusty.I think I remember putting a red spring behind it.I forget what usually causes it to not open up .I know I have to pull it off and look for myself,but like I said it's been a while .Can anybody give me any suggestions as what to look for,or what to do to fix this?

Re: Hobbit rear pulley

pull it off and look

Then show us what's there . Then someone might be able to tell you exactly what you have to tell the guy you have fixing it what to do . ;)

Rust is a usual suspect

Broken spot welds

If you still have your belt on, grab the belt span and pull straight up and see if that will force the belt to spread the cheeks of the pulley. It might not be stuck at all

I just tried that.It didn't budge.Looking back at the pulley guide the guide looks crusty.The bike came from a barn,and the entire rear pulley unit was really rusty.i tried to clean it up the best I could .I guess I will try to find an rear pulley.

Sell me your crusty one

i just bought that trax puller off amazon for $15 or so. theres a nice write up in the wiki.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account