Re: 1978 Batavus Regency HS50 No Power / Smells Hot

Mark Anderson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Would you mind sharing a diagram of your set up? What intake did you use? Did it require different jetting? The tank I have cleaned to near bright white metal (with vinegar and water). Worked really well. The petcock has a small screen filter and the banjo bolt has the basket filter. The banjo basket filter has been clean every time I check it. I get flow when turning the petcock on with the float cap removed. Once I install the float cap and pull the jet holder, I'm not getting flow. I've inspected the jet many times and it seems spotless. I should be getting flow out of the jet holder with it removed, no???

I've checked for air leaks around the carb and intake with carb cleaner. No change in RPMs. I'm concerned it could be lower seals and case gasket. I haven't gone this far yet? I can only find 2 out of the 5 seals on treatland and moped junkyard. I can cut a new case half gasket (i'm pretty good with an exacto blade) I'm not really familiar with how to do a leakdown test. Help a brother out man! Show me your set up. I'm absolutely willing to do a carb-swap on this thing if it will solve the issue!!! .....elp!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account