1978 Batavus Regency HS50 No Power / Smells Hot

Mark Anderson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Laura M56 Engine with Encarwi H12 carb. Carb has been cleaned MANY times. Cut a new gasket. Checked reeds. Replaced rings. Decarborized exhaust pipe. Installed new condenser. Installed new coil and plug wire/boot. Cleaned jet. Cleaned all the ports in the carb, throttle slide, choke slide and o-rings. This thing just wont run right. Its got hardly any power, will only go up to about 10 - 15 MPH. (Should do 30 no problem). Engine smells hotter than it should. What am i missing here???? Timing? I was running perfect for a bit then seemed to change on its own. Getting frustrated. Other than that, everything works on the bike. Replaced the horn. All the lights work. Breaks work. I'm getting close to selling this thing to someone who is better at this than me. HELP!!!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account