Will This Ignition Switch work for an Urban Express NU50?

Currently have an NU50 moped that has an ignition but no keys. I was going to get my ignition lock switch rekeyed by a locksmith, but I'm assuming that will cost a bit much. I also didn't see any key code anywhere on the lock that I could just order online. So I searched on mopedarmy and found a few suggestions, but one poster said he believed an MB5 had the same ignition switch as the NU50. So I looked on eBay for a 6 wired MB5 ignition switch and found a Honda MB5 ignition switch for only $20. Can anyone confirm if this will work on an NU50? It looks identical. Here is the eBay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-MB5-MB-5-Keys-Ignition-Switch-35100-166-000/152910750585?fits=Model%3AMB5&epid=1630511639&hash=item239a30e379:g:bgIAAOSwztVcFhqW (edited)

Re: Will This Ignition Switch work for an Urban Express NU50?

Great thing about the Honda key switch is if you look close you can carefully disassemble the lock from the bottom and remove the brass tumblers. Then the thing will still click turn with any instrument that is bladed like a stiff thumbnail. I did it on my hobbit. Try, You have nothing to loose.

Re: Will This Ignition Switch work for an Urban Express NU50?

I don't see any screws, under it, but I do see three brass type of punch marks under it. I just need to pop those out somehow? I still might buy an ignition switch though since I would prefer to have the ignition work the normal way but maybe I will just remove the tumblers

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account