Tomos A3GM Brake parts / new wheels????

Jackson James /

Hi y'all- the brake arm on the front and rear wheels of this A3GM i recently came into are both seemingly rusted off-- i've tried to source a replacement arm, full brake plate (or even entire wheel set complete with brake parts) to no avail... I'm wondering if the wheels from a later model tomos (or any other moped really) be retrofitted onto the frame of the A3GM if the original brake parts are hard to source? Has anyone ever tried or heard of that?

Thank you!!! sorry if this is a dumb question

Re: Tomos A3GM Brake parts / new wheels????

Yeah man tons of tomos wheels will fit. Like, I'm pretty sure all of them, you can buy them everywhere. Treatland.tv, doscycles.com..Do you have mags or spokes?

That being said, wait for someone else to chime in before buying. Could be talking out my ass.lol

spencerrrrr r /

Myrons may have what you need:

https://myronsmopeds.com/category/wheel/wheel-parts/

I believe the A3s use a 10mm axle and the newer wheels have an 11mm. Also, the rear brake plate mounts differently on the A3 and adapting a new plate might require some grinding to the swing arm.

Jackson James /

Thanks, I found the parts catalogue and searched the part number and treatland had the parts all along! phew

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account